Dynadot

domain Please Appraise Delampe.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
It's a typo of Delcampe.com. Could anyone have any idea if this domain constitute a trademark violation in any manner?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone, considering its brandability potential eg for ecommerce website.

•••
Do the math below and put your answer on this line: ________.

The first step is to be completely honest with yourself in your answer. It's also very important to remember that we're interested in what this domain is worth now, not at some unknown distance point in the future.

Typos are valued at some multiple of revenue. First he need to establish the base cost of the domain. If it took you 30 minutes to research this domain (@ $100/Hr) and if the registration fee was $7.00, we have a cost basis of $57.00.

Now we determine the annual revenue of the typo domain. In the past month, if you made $1.00, then the annual revenue is $12.00. Now take this number and double. See below:

2X Annual Revenue $24.00 less cost basis of $57.00 = -$33.00

Please keep in mind that I used sample data to create my estimate. You should plug in the exact figures for more accurate results.

Last edited:
•••
Apart from the negative value comments, you should also consider the cybersquatting aspect.
This is a typo of an established site which has been registered with the intention of stealing their traffic. ie. Bad faith registration. :ghost:

•••
I believe there is an error in your calculation, as you put the value as two years revenue, less reg fee. But surely if you base the value on 2 years revenue you should also calculate 2 years reg fee.

Do the math below and put your answer on this line: ________.

The first step is to be completely honest with yourself in your answer. It's also very important to remember that we're interested in what this domain is worth now, not at some unknown distance point in the future.

Typos are valued at some multiple of revenue. First he need to establish the base cost of the domain. If it took you 30 minutes to research this domain (@ $100/Hr) and if the registration fee was $7.00, we have a cost basis of $57.00.

Now we determine the annual revenue of the typo domain. In the past month, if you made $1.00, then the annual revenue is $12.00. Now take this number and double. See below:

2X Annual Revenue $24.00 less cost basis of $57.00 = -$33.00

Please keep in mind that I used sample data to create my estimate. You should plug in the exact figures for more accurate results.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Apart from the negative value comments, you should also consider the cybersquatting aspect.
This is a typo of an established site which has been registered with the intention of stealing their traffic. ie. Bad faith registration. :ghost:

And this thread on its own proves bad faith as well and a search on the domain name itself will soon show that to everyone who looks.

•••
•••
All replies appreciated.

•••
I know this is not the right thread to ask this but I would kindly like to ask if it is possible to obtain a trademark for this domain, and second, Can the owner(s) of Delcampe.com have any legal mandate to question me if I open up an e-commerce website selling general merchandise (Nothing related to their merchandise eg stamps) and using Delampe as its brandname rather than keeping the domain idle?

•••
Ask sdinc if lampe is lamp in french.

"of Lamp" ?

$x without research nor traffic rev goodluck

•••
Ask sdinc if lampe is lamp in french.
Yes, more or less.
But Delampe is not an actual word, it's either a corporate or personal name, or some type of brandable.
4700 results in google for Delampe so it's not a popular name. The good news is that TM violations are therefore less likely unless the OP does something silly like targeting Delcampe.com.
Bad news: probably no end users in sight based on the poor search results.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back