Dynadot

domain Please appraise: christmascountdown.org and others.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They're not terrible names as keywords are known, but they're low commercial keywords and have very little use and are tight niches which reduces potential commercial value. The non-.com names have such little use that on a non-.com makes them have barely any value at all.

I think most of them are obsolete as the keywords make them too tightly niched so a website wouldn't likely stand on it's own for that niche, and so alternative domain names would be much better.

For example, "todaysdate.today", it's a poor TLD with little sales, and you have "today" twice. "date.today" or "thedate.today" would have been better (though I think still of no resale value).

And "whenischristmas.com". Who doesn't know that? Or have access to a calender on their phone/tablet/PC etc and can see the day 25th falls on.

And "todays-date.com", everywhere I look is a date: my PC, phone, tablet, websites, shop receipts, etc. It could be used for something less tied to the specific keywords, such as a news site, but likely better cheap names out there for such things and is why choosing keywords carefully is important.

Some might sell, but they'd be for a very low price, and having a low potential buyer pool means they might never sell amongst the millions out there showing as for sale.

I would however put the .com ones on free marketplaces like Sedo etc, as someone might see a use for some of them given they're not terrible keywords and make sense. I personally wouldn't renew any of them -other than possibly "easter.us"...

The one which stands out is "easter.us", it's a single quite popular keyword, so could be commercial potential there. It is of course only once a year, and it's also on a .us which could limit the value. I'd stick this one on the free marketplaces, Sedo, etc and see if you get any views/offers.

For choosing keywords, have a read through this:
https://www.zandibot.com/how-to-pick-two-word-domains
Bare in mind a good name should cover most if not all those categories in the article, and not just pick the ones yours fits into and celebrate ;)

Good luck :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back