Dynadot

domain Please appraise adapted.com

NameSilo
Watch
I have owned adapted.com for twenty years but no longer need it for small my computer support business. Over the years I have received offers of couple thousand dollars for it, but now I am motivated to find a buyer.

Could someone recommend an appropriate venue (GoDaddy? Sedo Ebay?) for listing it? Looks like it might be worth between $2000 and $11-$14,0000 (various online valuators.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have owned adapted.com for twenty years but no longer need it for small my computer support business. Over the years I have received offers of couple thousand dollars for it, but now I am motivated to find a buyer.

Could someone recommend an appropriate venue (GoDaddy? Sedo Ebay?) for listing it? Looks like it might be worth between $2000 and $11-$14,0000 (various online valuators.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Don't use an automated appraisal, one word .coms hold value. How much are you looking for the name, are you willing to pay a broker to market the name?

You can also auction the domain on a place like GoDaddy or Sedo, you can set a reserve so you don't sell too cheap.

•••
It really isn't worth to me to sell it for $2-3000. But I got at a coupe of valuations over 10K from Godaddy and Sedo I believe.

•••
It really isn't worth to me to sell it for $2-3000. But I got at a coupe of valuations over 10K from Godaddy and Sedo I believe.

It's worth in the $35k+ range retail.

•••
But not resell. Getting 35k+ is probably a waiting game that as we all know may never materialize.

Fair resell price is 5-10K IMO. That's about what he would get if it was on NameJet.

•••
But not resell. Getting 35k+ is probably a waiting game that as we all know may never materialize.

Fair resell price is 5-10K IMO. That's about what he would get if it was on NameJet.

100% agree with the reseller price.

•••
•••
Past tense words aren't great generally. Those who don't know this should adapt.

5-10k max.

•••
•••
Hey buddy, because I disagree with your appraisal

Fair enough, that's your prerogative but;

decoded.com 50,000 USD 2014-09-08 Sedo
shipped.com 37,500 USD 2014-08-20 Private
pranked.com 13,100 USD 2017-12-29 Flippa
emerged.com 12,513 USD 2018-06-19 Sedo
dazzled.com 10,000 USD 2015-02-08 Uniregistry
sighted.com 6,500 USD 2016-11-25 Flippa
colored.com 5,801 USD 2017-01-05 NameJet

Looks like both retail and wholesale appraisals on this thread can be confirmed as accurate within an order of magnitude by comparing retail and wholesale prices for similar publicly listed sales that occurred during the past 5 years.

•••
Fair enough, that's your prerogative but;

decoded.com 50,000 USD 2014-09-08 Sedo
shipped.com 37,500 USD 2014-08-20 Private
pranked.com 13,100 USD 2017-12-29 Flippa
emerged.com 12,513 USD 2018-06-19 Sedo
dazzled.com 10,000 USD 2015-02-08 Uniregistry
sighted.com 6,500 USD 2016-11-25 Flippa
colored.com 5,801 USD 2017-01-05 NameJet

Looks like both retail and wholesale appraisals on this thread can be confirmed as accurate within an order of magnitude by comparing retail and wholesale prices for similar publicly listed sales that occurred during the past 5 years.
Emerged dot com buyer didn’t pay up the other day.

Probably an investor that realized he way overpaid..

•••
Emerged dot com buyer didn’t pay up the other day.

Probably an investor that realized he way overpaid..

That one did seem overpriced, Emerged.com is imho not a great "ed" word. Adapted.com is decent and has some pretty good end user potential if you check Linkedin as well. Very slick name for a tech company but I don't think it's a $50k name retail which is why I priced it at $35k+ to the right buyer.

•••
well, its been 20 years and the right buyer hasn't come along yet - and may never at this point

so im going to say $15k enduser

$2k - $3k reseller

Last edited:
•••
Past tense words aren't great generally. Those who don't know this should adapt.

5-10k max.
Although it's got the ed of a past tense word it can have a current tense meaning as in "It's adapted for many uses".

I personally really like this name. A whole multitude of different uses and meanings in an enormous range of industries.

35K sounds about good to me or 5-10 for a reseller.

•••
5 figures seems high to me.
I understand that there are a few reported sales for -ed domains that may have crossed the 5-figure range, but the vast majority of such names will remain unsold, or will sell for much less.

•••
I agree with everything everyone said! You are all right!
Could this domain sell for $35k+? Yes. Is it worth $35k+? No.
Will it sell on sedo for over $3k? yes
Has he already recieved multiple offers over $3k from NamePro members? I am sure he has.

Last edited:
•••
@mcsadapted.com It has value, but value always come from end user, you already hold this for 20 year why not to hold another 3 to 5 year after listing it for SALE on every domain marketplace as well as having own landing page.

•••
Sounds like good advice. Is one landing page as good as another? Should it have specific info about pricing?

@mcsadapted.com It has value, but value always come from end user, you already hold this for 20 year why not to hold another 3 to 5 year after listing it for SALE on every domain marketplace as well as having own landing page.

•••
•••

Really?

Wrong word for that, it might be years and a lot of blind luck before it will fetch that much.

I see nothing in any extension developed under that word.... in fact I see no companies with google under that word unless I really start to dig then maybe something.

It just isn't a great word.

•••
I would try to find companies with the same name before I try to auction it. Do a Google search. I am sure you'd find a few companies that are called (Adapted) or (Adapted [keyword]).

•••
Really?

Wrong word for that, it might be years and a lot of blind luck before it will fetch that much.

I see nothing in any extension developed under that word.... in fact I see no companies with google under that word unless I really start to dig then maybe something.

Personally I would take anything in the 3-5k range for it.

It just isn't a great word.

Check linkedin and search companies called "ADAPTED" . Also you should be looking at longtail interations of the domain in terms of development i.e Adapted+Word.com/net/org/anything. Just looking at whether or not domains are developed by searching google for site:adapted.*, is only one part of doing a full analysis of the domains end user potential because you have to be looking at all possible combinations that are derivative to the original one word domain name.

Also that retail price range I provided is the upper limit, I did not provide any ranges, just gave a valuation based on publicly listed domain sales. It will probably take it a long time to sell at my valuation.

•••
Resell - $5-8k

Standard End - $15k

Unique gotta have it now end user - $25-35k

Last edited:
•••
Theoretically a one word .com is worth quite a bit but in this case the word is just way too obscure.

If I owned the domain and faced 1000+ renewals it would be one I would let go and I would consider myself lucky to get 5k for it.

Yes, yes, of course the waiting game may pay of but with such an obscure word that may be a far longer shot than even some of the more obscure 4 letter .com's which are selling in the 150-250 dollar price range.

I own a few obscure 4 letter .coms and I bet I see a hit on one of those far sooner than the op will ever see a hit for over 5k on his.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back