NameSilo

PlayBoy.com Typos. Y/N ?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

ezimedia

VIP Member
Impact
47
HI All

I was thinking about the below possible typo's

playboy.com

Overture with Ext 183174
Overture without Ext 882535

G = Google with out Extension

The possible typo's are

playboh G =1820
plwyboy G =1590
llayboy G =1980
playhoy G =1660
playbky G =2000
plahboy G =1980
playb9y G =1380

I was wondering if the above are good examples of typo's
for the domain playboy.com,

Also do you think if one reg these typos would there be
a trade mark issue.....

is it worth the risk or not...

Any comments.

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Expired Domain Software
http://www.expireddomainsoftware.com
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I don't think you would get in trouble, but I don't know much about legal issues.
 
0
•••
Who cares ;D
Hurry up before I reg them.
 
0
•••
yep, quick, register them before someone else does!

im sure they would be worth more than reg fee.
 
0
•••
yeah, rule number one, never post good unregged domains if you are going to reg them :)
 
0
•••
HI

Ok I regged the following 3

plahboy.com
playboh.com
playhoy.com

I'll park them and track the traffic if any and report back when I know if they have any traffic,

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Expired Domain Software
http://www.expireddomainsoftware.com
 
0
•••
Hm, I don't think you will get much traffic from them...

I've experiemnted a bit with some typos, and it works best with the keys to the left and right of the original one, ex. if the correct one was G, you could reg a type with the F and/or H..

I have a couple of typo domains like that, where the original one gets 100,000+ visitors pr day, but I only get 10-40 pr day on those typos.. :|
 
0
•••
how each person does their typos is different, Redleg, but for me its equally likely to be the one besides or above or below.
 
0
•••
If PlayBoy notices you regged them they could very possibly come after you and obviously have every right to do so, I don't see much value in them... more of a pain I'd say.

Mike
 
0
•••
i dont think playboy would go after him. if he regged play-boy or something similar, then they would, but in general, i dont think companies go after people who reg typos.
 
0
•••
Indeed, I wouldn't reg them. I would go for something that gets you sure traffic!
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back