IT.COM

domain pikachuland.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sissi_luaty

Impact
Hello,
what do you think about this domain, pikachuland.com, that I own?

1. acquisition reason:
because I am a pikachu fan and I like this domain.​
2. markets:
cartoon/ entertainment webpages​
3. research:
the "similar" pokemonland.com is announced for sale for $5000.​
4. end-user value /5. reseller value:
I am open to offers of potential buyers​
6. traffic:
no data​
7. revenue:
none​
8. age:
4-30​
9. miscellaneous:
-
P.S. this is my 1st post in this website... I hope it is in the correct section.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Pikachu" is trademarked and copyrighted by Nintendo........

No one (with common sense) will buy this from you and I seriously recommend dropping it as Nintendo are very aggressive in pursuing Intellectual Property infringements.

"© 2018 Pokémon. © 1995–2018 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc. Pokémon, Pokémon character names, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Wii, Wii U, and Wiiware are trademarks of Nintendo. "

•••
I agree ...
This is another trademark issue. Been there myself lol

I would drop that one and move onto the next!

Good luck!

•••
•••
"Pikachu" is trademarked and copyrighted by Nintendo........

No one (with common sense) will buy this from you and I seriously recommend dropping it as Nintendo are very aggressive in pursuing Intellectual Property infringements.

"© 2018 Pokémon. © 1995–2018 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc. Pokémon, Pokémon character names, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Wii, Wii U, and Wiiware are trademarks of Nintendo. "
Although I agree that pikachu is trademarked, I’d contest that every single Pokémon character name is trademarked... if you got the domain names after the Pokemon named “ditto”?“blissey” “seel” etc I doubt they trademarked those

I’m not arguing for the sake of arguing but there have been some Pokémon that have evolved into internet memes (slowpoke, mudkip, etc) so domain names after various Pokemon could occur if future memes occur

I guess the issue is a little complex and no one wants to figure it all out with Nintendo in court. The risk outweighs any benefit

Last edited:
•••
Although I agree that pikachu is trademarked, I’d contest that every single Pokémon character name is trademarked... if you got the domain names after the Pokemon named “ditto”?“blissey” “seel” etc I doubt they trademarked those

I’m not arguing for the sake of arguing but there have been some Pokémon that have evolved into internet memes (slowpoke, mudkip, etc) so domain names after various Pokemon could occur if future memes occur

I guess the issue is a little complex and no one wants to figure it all out with Nintendo in court. The risk outweighs any benefit
Good point on memes, but as you say why run the risk (and expense)

For people just starting out there is a lot of names to buy/reg with the main risk being trying to get a ROI

Keeping on point with the "Pikachu" theme, they filed the below trademark earlier this year....

“classification of entertainment, provision of entertainment information and provision of electronic publications online (limited to those which cannot be downloaded)”.

•••
Terrible domain. Has no value.

•••
Very dangerous to use trademarked name

•••
Hello all!
What to do if we have a trademark domain :/ ... Beginner's mistake...

•••
Hello all!
What to do if we have a trademark domain :/ ... Beginner's mistake...

Hey just drop it. Delete it from your account. I did the same beginner mistake hehe. I just went in and deleted the TM domains

•••
That's too bad.. Thank you for your reply coco77 !

By the way, silly question here but, what are the risks of owning a domain with a trademark name in it? Getting sued I suppose?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back