Starter PictureCompress.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

nardibraho

Established Member
Impact
PictureCompress.com compresses images/photos and retains the image quality but considerably lowers the file size.

What the site is
Many developers, designers, photographers or casual users compress their images/photos with services like TinyJPG that retains the image quality but considerably lowers the file size. That's what PictureCompress.com does too, and much more quicker! Try if for yourself.

Revenue
This website is fairly new and generates no revenue for me yet but I found myself to be a whole lot busier than expected and don't have time to put up with SEO etc. Other than Google Adsense, many competitors use paid versions which allow customers to compress more images and higher file sizes. The script that is currently installed is customizable and can limit the max file size and many other parameters but the paid users are not set up (can be done fairly cheaply & easy by hiring a freelancer).

Domain
The domain is perfect. Both words in the English dictionary and directly describe what the site is. It's an even better domain than TinyJPG in my opinion.

Starting Bid: $200
Buy it now: $2,000

Godaddy domain value only: $499!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Will keep the bid open for 2 weeks if there are people interested

•••
•••
That's a great tool. I just compressed all the images on One Stop CV but I got to compress 20 at a time.

•••
•••
•••
If you make it process many at the same time... a queue.

•••
Okay, I tried with some medium sized sample images and have to say, the difference is barely noticeable.

What is this build on and who build/owns distribution rights to it?

•••
It’s an open source library but no matter it’s a great name if it does just that.

•••
Yep, @jamesall is correct!
Hoping to see any bid since it starts from $200 and I'm figuring the domain only is worth it that much

•••
I was contacted by a guy who is auctioning a product on FLIPPA and I will be redeveloping his site. This library is one I will use.

•••
Is this still open for sale?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back