IT.COM

Phishing Scam - Do I need to do anything

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
If this is not the correct forum. Please move it.

I just received a phishing scam for my Google Account and clicked on it, and entered my data to login. From: [email protected]

If you are receiving this message it means that your email address has been queued for deactivation. This was as a result of a continuous error received from this email address

Please Click This Link to resolve this problem.

Note: You will need to update your information

Powered by Googlemail

The link goes to here: http:// www. fioreriatestoni.it/goo.htm

The login wasn't successful and I was sent to the real Google login page.

This is a very important account for me. It has 2 step identification. I logged in with the real login page. I logged out and cleared my cache. Is there anything else I should do?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Change your password to your Google account immediately. You can check to see if your account has already been compromised by scrolling to the bottom and looking in the right-hand corner and click details.

Also, when you click the "Details" link check your "Alert Preferences" at the bottom and switch to "Show unusual activity."

Hope that helps. Good luck,

•••
•••
I would advise you to change your Google passwords and also if you have this same password on any other site, change that too.

•••
As others said, change your password, also when receive those kind of email, first check by hovering over the like whether it is of Google's or not.

•••
Or be smart.
Any email from godaddy, paypal, ebay, etal>?
Do not click on the links inside, but rather go to the site via your browser.

•••
I feel that you should also install a strong antivirus in your machine. When i clicked that phishing link my Antivirus removed it automatically. Prevention is better than cure.D-:

•••
As others said, change your password, also when receive those kind of email, first check by hovering over the like whether it is of Google's or not.

Also, do "View Source" and you'll see the bogus link and can report the email as spam or phishing...

•••
I have 2-step identification. So nobody will be able to login without my cellphone, and guessing my login name which was incorrect when I posted it on the link page (hence being redirected to the correct login screen at Google). Also. I don't use Windows. So no need for an AV.

@iowadawg - I never heard of a scam using Google Account before. Which was probably why I was a tad casual with the link. But feel I am protected with my 2-step identification, and the other inadvertent :) precautions taken above.

•••
I have 2-step identification. So nobody will be able to login without my cellphone, and guessing my login name which was incorrect when I posted it on the link page (hence being redirected to the correct login screen at Google). Also. I don't use Windows. So no need for an AV.
Then why do you worry Mr. Stub?

•••
@sam roy - Well I was in panic mode after I discovered I'd been phished, and I thought I better put it out there about this, since I had not ever heard about a Google Account phishing scam before.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back