IT.COM

domain pet-rat.com any good?

Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hi guys, just getting started in the domain business, interested in what people think this domain may sell for? It's two years old next week. Thanks in advance! :tu:

Pet-Rat.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hyphenated domain names are not very popular among domainers and therefore don't carry much monetary value. If you have some development plan then that could be the only reason to renew it.

•••
Thanks for the reply. So I guess it would be best to develop this site and sell it to an end user right? Either that or drop it completely...

•••
I would drop it. Theres no enduser for a Pet Rat site. and the hyphen kills any value at all.Not worth developing. no one would buy this.

•••
"Pet Rat" gets 8,100 exact searches in the USA and 14,800 global exact searches monthly on google. There are some end users, but I don't see how a developed website would turn out profitable. Most people are searching for how to get rid of rats, so many of the google ads by way of adsense are for rat poison, rat traps, rat cages, etc. As for the domain alone it doesn't have any value undeveloped due to the hyphen.

•••
Why do newbies keep this up, save your money, instaed of reg a whole bunch of dumb domains and keep paying renewal fees, pick a few good names and try to negoiate a good price for them.
Every month millions of names like this drop, save your ten bucks and buy your kids a happy meal.

•••
if you don't want it , i will have it
1/ Hyphenated names are some of my BEST earners.
2/ I have a cute little Pet-Rat and yes there are Millions of Rat Lovers world wide so there are Endusers.
3/ Not a bad name at all
Value $20

Last edited:
•••
"Pet Rat" gets 8,100 exact searches in the USA and 14,800 global exact searches monthly on google. There are some end users, but I don't see how a developed website would turn out profitable. Most people are searching for how to get rid of rats, so many of the google ads by way of adsense are for rat poison, rat traps, rat cages, etc. As for the domain alone it doesn't have any value undeveloped due to the hyphen.

Ok, so this is not the best domain in the world but it does have some value check out the hyphenated sales thread, I don't like hyphens but some do. And not everybody uses adsense on their pages for monitization. I have not checked but I am sure if you developed this you would find some pet rat related products from amazon or eBay affiliate links, Pet stores that sell rats are potential end users for a domain of this nature. Good luck

•••
Thanks for everyones input, I think I am going to end up developing it a bit. Worst case scenario I let it go on flippa for a few pretty pennies...

•••
Hyphenated domain names are not very popular among domainers and therefore don't carry much monetary value. If you have some development plan then that could be the only reason to renew it.

Hmm .. Know any German speakers?

•••
•••
Thanks for everyones input, I think I am going to end up developing it a bit. Worst case scenario I let it go on flippa for a few pretty pennies...

I didn't know about Flippa. Looks interesting. Thank you. :)

•••
•••
It's so bad it's good - value $35 without development granted the bubonic plague does not return.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back