Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatore Giannone

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You completely misunderstand what he is saying..
NOW if the owner of pet.co tried to pass themselves off as being the PETCO company, then there would be issues.

NOW if the owner of pet.co tried to pass themselves off as being the PETCO company, then there would be issues.[/QUOTE]what if you don’t try to pass yourself off as petco but still open a pet supply store at pet.co

You’ve yet to answer that question. Something tells me it would get real ugly quickly and go to court and not end in a good result. It might not even go to court, could be udrp wipo dispute

I’m not saying you’re wrong, cuz I’m not totally sure either, there’s just some confusion here for me lol

Last edited:
•••
You completely misunderstand what he is saying.
pet.shop is fine. petco.shop isnt. There is a BIG difference. PETCo does not own the TM to "PET". .co is just a TLD. PETCO can't sue the owner of pet.com just as much as he can't sue the owner of pet.co.

Sure they can. There is a very low bar to actually sue someone.

If the suit is with or without merit would be for a court to decide, but meritless claims make their way through the legal system daily.

Brad

•••
I suggest that the owner forwards the domain/creates a page that is completely unrelated to Petco. Throw on a landing page with an something that explains the initials P.E.T .It could be anything just make it up. Force any complaint to acknowledge the clearly distinguishable evidence that the name is being used for something unactionable.

•••
I suggest that the owner forwards the domain/creates a page that is completely unrelated to Petco. Throw on a landing page with an something that explains the initials P.E.T .It could be anything just make it up. Force any complaint to acknowledge the clearly distinguishable evidence that the name is being used for something unactionable.

Maybe

Last edited:
•••

http://www.petresin.org/faq.asp

Huge business, not related to animals.

•••
NOW if the owner of pet.co tried to pass themselves off as being the PETCO company, then there would be issues.

My question still remains...can you still sell pet related stuff and compete with PetCo?

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back