IT.COM

domain Pet.co please appraise.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Salvatore Giannone

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Maybe more people joined NP? Maybe someone missed it the first time?
Maybe ignore this second post if you must..

•••
Did you present this to Pet Co - and what did they say ?

•••
In the USA (at least) this could be construed as a Trademark violation unfortunately.

Code:
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4802:l8ag1o.2.3

https://www.petco.com

That does not mean you can't sell it, but you could get in legal trouble.

If you try to sell the domain to the Petco company, they will likely pursue you legally for cybersquatting before they pay you a penny because simply by approaching them you are admitting you own the domain and are guilty of squatting.

Because of this, my appraisal has to be $0

Yes, Pet is a dictionary word, but in the USA and probably all of the western world, what matters in courts is who has the best, most expensive lawyer. ANd if that lawyer is of a particular persuasion (which shall remain nameless), that would be best. There is very little justice in the West.

If you plan on doing anything with that domain, I suggest you put up a non commercial site about pets in Columbia.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe more people joined NP? Maybe someone missed it the first time?
Maybe ignore this second post if you must..
Maybe self promoting is in your interest?

Lay off the sarcasm as well while your at it, you know what you are doing and me pointing it out just highlights the fact you are doing this for an ego boost and nothing more.......

You got your opinions previously from experienced domainers and now want to showcase this name again for whatever reason

Last edited:
•••
Come to think of it, you may be safer and more successful selling the domain to PET plastics manufacturers. Put up a quick site about PET plastic. 3-5 pages NOW!

As I understand it, Petco owns the TM as it applies to pet products, but that does mean not a company that sells/manufactures PET plastic cannot use the petco name since it is a different industry, assuming they do not themselves retail pet products. Their TM lists what the name is TMed for and none of it pertains to plastics manufacturing.

BUT I'M NOT A LAWYER

BUT I'M NOT A LAWYER

BUT I'M NOT A LAWYER

•••
As someone who was researching selling my .pet domains. I realized there is a market for keyword "PET" not just in the pet industry which is huge I admit but it can be used in the another industry.

PM me. I think I have a non pet related buyer for you that won't try to sue you that would love Pet.co

•••
Come to think of it, you may be safer and more successful selling the domain to PET plastics manufacturers. Put up a quick site about PET plastic. 3-5 pages NOW!

As I understand it, Petco owns the TM as it applies to pet products, but that does mean not a company that sells/manufactures PET plastic cannot use the petco name since it is a different industry, assuming they do not themselves retail pet products. Their TM lists what the name is TMed for and none of it pertains to plastics manufacturing.

BUT I'M NOT A LAWYER

BUT I'M NOT A LAWYER

BUT I'M NOT A LAWYER

I was just about to say that!

PET - Polyethylene terephthalate

https://www.google.com/search?sourc........6..35i39j0i131j0i10j0i20i263.b2btZRBqlbc

•••
Hmm I wouldn’t touch it. Put it up for auction and hope someone overpays for this “false friend” “hot potato” or whatever else you want to call it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back