Dynadot

Pendingrestore ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jamminsport16

VISIT FREEZINDA.COMVIP Member
Impact
I went to snapcheck.com & went to redemption period to backorder some names. I found 1 & I did a 'who is' search & it says: PENDINGRESTORE

I thought you couldn't get the domain once it goes into 'redemption period'. Thought you could in 'registrar lock' and pay a fee.

So pendingrestore means its not expiring?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am afraid it does. That domain is not expiring. RTP is exactly what the name says, I time to recover your expired domain. However it's no cheap, you could be charged $200 or more to recover a domain from there (sometimes is cheaper to let it expire and backorder it).

•••
dang. ill switch my backorder :/ thx!

•••
Yes, I heat that too. Once the domain enters in RGP you almost feel it in your pocket. :(

•••
NameRegistration said:
Yes, I heat that too. Once the domain enters in RGP you almost feel it in your pocket. :(

Yeah i was so excited that I could actually backorder a pretty good name. (probably would get it) but still the idea of backorder lol. im kinda disappointed now :/

•••
jamminsport16 said:
I thought you couldn't get the domain once it goes into 'redemption period'. Thought you could in 'registrar lock' and pay a fee.
If a name is in "Registrar Lock" then that just means you can't transfer the name to another registrar when it's locked. The names should always be locked at all times except for modifying the information on the domain (although some registrars let you modify the info when it's locked) or if you're going to transfer/push the name to the new owner's account.

The status you were thinking about having to pay extra is the Redemption Period in which they can charge hefty fees to recover the name.

jamminsport16 said:
So pendingrestore means its not expiring?
The PENDINGRESTORE status means that the registrar requested for the name to be restored while it was in the Redemption Period. The name will be in this status while the registrar provides the documentation to the registry for the restoration of the name. If the registrar fails to provide it within 7 days then it will switch back to Redemption Period. However if they do indeed provide it within 7 days then the name will be back to Active.

Hope those answer your questions, jamminsport16. :tu:

NameRegistration said:
However it's no cheap, you could be charged $200 or more to recover a domain from there (sometimes is cheaper to let it expire and backorder it).
Although it's costly to recover a name in Redemption, it could cost even more to get the name back after it expires by snapping it. If it's a name with any kind of traffic then it's about a sure thing that there will be many people after it and there's no guarantee you would get it after it expired. If the name is important to you then just make sure you have it on "automatically renew" with current cc details and you won't have to worry about it expiring.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back