NameSilo

news PayPal shuts down services in Russia

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

blockhead

TruckerTop Member
Impact
March 5 (Reuters) - Payments company PayPal shut down its services early on Saturday in Russia, citing "the current circumstances," joining many financial and tech companies in suspending operations there after the invasion of Ukraine.

"Under the current circumstances, we are suspending PayPal services in Russia," President and Chief Executive Dan Schulman said in a statement. He added that the company "stands with the international community in condemning Russia's violent military aggression in Ukraine."

A company spokesperson said PayPal will support withdrawals "for a period of time, ensuring that account balances are dispersed in line with applicable laws and regulations.”

PayPal, which had only allowed cross-border transactions by users in Russia, stopped accepting new users in the country on Wednesday.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/business/pa...-russia-citing-ukraine-aggression-2022-03-05/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps politically. Putting all this aside for a moment, there's a lot to like about Russia, from culture, to nature, to Russians actually being very interesting people. I made good friends from college days(in Europe), we now lost touch but I hope they are all well.
I have nothing against the Russian people. It is a shame they are going to pay a massive price because of the actions of their leaders.

I know plenty of Russians inside and outside the domain world.

I was just pointing out when it comes to their economy, Russia is not a real powerhouse.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps politically. Putting all this aside for a moment, there's a lot to like about Russia, from culture, to nature, to Russians actually being very interesting people. I made good friends from college days(in Europe), we now lost touch but I hope they are all well.
This is true, russians are more europeans in thinking and way of life than others. So, the main target is to make them aware of this, switch to an european democracy style country, developed the country based on modern trade/technology economy and even become a responsible economic/military super power.

•••
putin should thank his nukes b4 sleep each nite.. if he had no.nukes russia wouldn't be on maps anymore and land divided between nato..cause against whole world army russia can only.defend.for 1day max

•••
I think Netflix just "terminated services".

•••
Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and now AMEX have all suspended operations as well.

The Moscow Stock Exchange remains closed until further notice. The Ruble continues to collapse, despite costly attempts to prop up.

Brad

•••
Visa, Mastercard
I think in some other smaller nations, that alone would cause some kind of collapse.

It's crazy how complicated this is getting..

•••
Now it's a probability of 50%-50% that crazy putin to use nukes 😉🙈🤦
Why? Because is simple ..he can

•••
putin pushing 70years old.. he is megalomenic psycho stuck in.past Soviet glories.. he knows.he has little time left.. men like this should never have nuke access.

even.if he uses small nuke on ukraine to.scare.them..like on Japan.. that's still long way from all out world nuke war..but of.course it.would be serious development

the problem is..he may.not have choice to.do this.. just as USA did.to.japan

•••
Now it's a probability of 50%-50% that crazy putin to use nukes 😉🙈🤦
Why? Because is simple ..he can
So let me explain dear fellows how we stay
In 6 month prices of gas , oil , food etc..will sky rocket
The war was premeditated & people around the globe was prepared for this 2 month before actual invasion by international media because otherwise will be global panic
All sides know the situation & "agree" with this
From a possible scenario:
"Putin: Hi papa Biden! Why not tell me & not asking me that Ukraine want to join on NATO?!
Biden: Papa Putin! Ukraine its a free country they can do what ever want to do
Putin: Understand but need to ask my permision so since not ask my permision i will invade Ukraine
Biden: Ok papa Putin! If you win you can take Ukraine or a part of. But if Ukraine win we take us & join to NATO & EU
Deal?
Putin: Deal & lets the war begin & best to win . Dasvidaniya!
Biden: Good bless America!"
😉

PS The best scenario at this point ( meaning actual situation ) is actually WW3 in term of implication: economy , human life's , restart humanity etc...to remove Putin from button's but this is my point of view ( bad or good )
PS 2: Only in Greece operators down prices even with 1000$ for 6 nights ( can book at 500 USD ) , on a auto classifieds ( in my country ) in just 20 days numbers of cars for sale increase with aprox 4000 and show will go on

Last edited:
•••
Russia is saving the world, not just Ukraine. The current president Trump's country (US) approves this action, and obviously this is done in coordination with good powers of US. And probably Europe was mostly cleaned from DS, and they have no power because European armies are on Russia/humanity side as well. Even the media might be controlled by good guys now, to show the unawake people how bad that media really was, because everyone will learn the truth soon.
Most people here who totally disagrees with what I say above probably thinks (or pretends) Trump is bad, Hillary is good. Ok, then maybe you can start from here.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/qa3PSVFyfscC/

•••
Russia is saving the world, not just Ukraine. The current president Trump's country (US) approves this action, and obviously this is done in coordination with good powers of US. And probably Europe was mostly cleaned from DS, and they have no power because European armies are on Russia/humanity side as well. Even the media might be controlled by good guys now, to show the unawake people how bad that media really was, because everyone will learn the truth soon.
Most people here who totally disagrees with what I say above probably thinks (or pretends) Trump is bad, Hillary is good. Ok, then maybe you can start from here.
Oh dear!

•••
On what planet do you living ?
Trump ? The president of USA now? Wow :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
On what planet do you living ?
Trump ? The president of USA now? Wow :xf.smile:

You know Trump, the guy who was impeached (the first time) for trying to withhold aid from Ukraine by blackmailing their president (and current hero) Zelenskyy? Trump, the one who went on to lose the election by millions of votes? Yeah, he is still President... 🤦‍♂️

If you made a nutjob Venn diagram of all the bonkers stuff some people believe...it would just look like a normal circle, AKA it is the same group of people who believe all the stupid shit.

That post by topdom might be the worst take I have seen...on anything, ever.

reality.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Man, talk about clone conspiracies. That's a beauty

Last edited:
•••
God, I hope PayPal never shuts off USA. We'd have to learn crypto real quick or go to store in a car 😨

•••
More business for Western Union then.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back