IT.COM

question Payout by bitcoin?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Do some marketplaces payout by crypto (if requested)?

I'm not familiar with any crypto, but have more confidence in btc because it is popular and opensource at least.

Do you need a wallet to trade in btc?
Any way to change btc into cash without installing anything, or connecting to your own bank?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dan

Last edited:
•••
If you do a sale on Epik's marketplace, your proceeds go to Masterbucks.com. From there you can spend on Epik or redeem to crypto, PayPal, Western Union, cash, check, etc.

If you do a sale on Epik escrow, the seller can specify how they want to be paid, including crypto, e.g. earlier today a Swiss buyer paid via Amex and the UK seller got paid via BTC.

The crypto conversion rates are competitive based on Coinmarketcap or Coinbase. If we have the requested on hand, we sell at spot. If we have to buy it at an exchange, we charge the price we paid at the exchange.

•••
Do some marketplaces payout by crypto (if requested)?

I'm not familiar with any crypto, but have more confidence in btc because it is popular and opensource at least.

Do you need a wallet to trade in btc?
Any way to change btc into cash without installing anything, or connecting to your own bank?

You need a wallet to receive, keep and send coins to others. Wallet owner is the owner of the coins in it.
Don't use web based wallets to keep your coins. It's strongly discouraged. Because when you don't own the private key you don't own the coins.
If you don't want to install anything you may buy a wallet device or may keep your coins in a web based wallet. Web based wallets are usually exchanges. Exchanges sell and buy coins for fiat money or other coins.

•••
I will recommend you to install electrum wallet. It's newbie friendly, supports multi OS's and light weight as it doesn't require the full block chain which is over 100 GB and keeps growing.
Read too much about bitcoin before getting started, before actually receiving your first coins. All coins are very similar to each other as they work based on blockchain tech. Once you learn bitcoin, you will not have to spend too much time to learn other coins. I don't think you will need to learn more than a few most popular coins unless you plan to invest in less popular coins. In my opinion crypto is only a payment method like fiat money, is not an investment method.

•••
One problem with bitcoin. Most bitcoins were mined. And the remaining ones are given as gifts for maintaining this service. So in time noone will want to mine bitcoin, so noone will do maintenance. If btc was only a medium of exchange , no problem but there is more to the story. I don't know much about it. So will bitcoin collapse under its own weight? Can some trick solve this problem, if this is a problem. Can some extension or software update "fix" this.

There is high demand for bitcoin keyword, much more than competitor coins. I wonder whether it is artificial. Registries are grabbing it when they drop, and making them reserved domain, but strangely they also sell them as if they were just premium domains.

Last edited:
•••
There is high demand for bitcoin keyword, much more than competitor coins. I wonder whether it is artificial. Registries are grabbing it when they drop, and making them reserved domain, but strangely they also sell them as if they were just premium domains.

Because they are premium domains. Crypto currencies and blockchain tech will rule the future, will reshape many things like the internet and previous technologies have done. Bitcoin related things are the future. It will keep growing (will keep getting more popular) even if its growing speed looks like slow to most people. Its slow growing speed is the main reason of the doubts. For instance, as of now, when you sell/buy domains it's difficult to find a buyer/seller who will use bitcoin as the only payment method. We are living in a temporary transition period.

One problem with bitcoin. Most bitcoins were mined. And the remaining ones are given as gifts for maintaining this service. So in time noone will want to mine bitcoin, so noone will do maintenance. If btc was only a medium of exchange , no problem but there is more to the story. I don't know much about it. So will bitcoin collapse under its own weight? Can some trick solve this problem, if this is a problem. Can some extension or software update "fix" this.

Miners will earn only transaction fees after all coins are mined. I don't see a problem there that might lead to a collapse. So it's not a problem. There are some altcoins with no coins to be mined since the beginning. It's only a design difference. As bitcoin is the first of its kind, it needed miners to survive and in the very beginning as there were no transaction, no revenue from transaction fees for miners.

IMHO, bitcoin is only a medium of exchange as of now. It's far from being a store of value as of now for high fluctuations in its value, but it will. Bitcoin is an upgraded version of money, like money 2.0. It has advantages of fiat and leaves its disadvantages outside and comes with new features which fiat can never have as bitcoin is a fully digital version of money. You can't invest in money. That's why I think it is not an investment method and will never be. High fluctuation problem is related only to its low popularity compared to fiat currencies. As it's much better than fiat, it will eventually become more popular than fiat and we will complain about high fluctuations in fiat currencies. I don't know how much time left for fiat to become extinct but it should not take centuries in my opinion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back