Domain Empire

Payment in monthly installments ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Asfas1000

Top Member
Impact
I want to offer a buyer the option to pay 50% upfront and the remaining in monthy installments (6-12)

I wonder if any Escrow service offers this option ?

I emailed Ecop few days ago but no response so far.

Also, what exactly happens with the domain ownership in this scenario ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Be careful. 12 months of installments costs over $300 in extra charges with Escrow. I would phone Escrow first and find out the best way forward.

•••
Be careful. 12 months of installments costs over $300 in extra charges with Escrow. I would phone Escrow first and find out the best way forward.

You are right, too much in commissions. Most importantly, who owns the domain while it is being repaid ?

•••
You receive each installment until it's fully paid and then the domain is transferred to the new buyer.

•••
I now start to realize it can become complicated. What if I don't transfer the domain after being paid in full ? What if they fail to pay the last few installments ? lol

•••
You keep any money paid. The domain is kept in an Escrow account which they release to the buyer once all monies are paid.

•••
Thanks, that makes sense.

•••
Ecop does this and I think that you have to pay only $20 extra per installment.. Where did you send the email to? The support there is usually very responsive..

•••
That's right, they will charge $20 per installment. That's $240 for 12 payments. I sent an email to [email protected] .

•••
Open up a support ticket via their system. I usually do that and get a fast answer..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back