Dynadot

Parse.com Closing Down - Domain for sale?

NameSilo
Watch

The CEO

Established Member
Impact
Parse closing down
We have a difficult announcement to make. Beginning today we’re winding down the Parse service, and Parse will be fully retired after a year-long period ending on January 28, 2017. We’re proud that we’ve been able to help so many of you build great mobile apps, but we need to focus our resources elsewhere.

We understand that this won’t be an easy transition, and we’re working hard to make this process as easy as possible. We are committed to maintaining the backend service during the sunset period, and are providing several tools to help migrate applications to other services.

http://blog.parse.com/announcements/moving-on/

Sad sad sad news.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't see anything that says it's for sale. But, that doesn't mean you can't contact them and ask.. :)

•••
I hate how big companies like Facebook, Yahoo and Twitter just kill small startups by buying and closing them up.
Small guys are doing something useful for small fee and big companies just want to charge us way more for that service.

•••
This is what the reality was all about. Parse has offered a free hosting for your apps for small traffic and allowed you to upgrade once the traffic becomes bigger. Suddenly, after being acquired by the BIG player, they closed it down. The app developer who uses Parse was sudden by this decision.

•••
While I agree with @djum that it sucks the huge companies take out the smaller ones, if it's true like @The CEO said that they were acquired, then it means the owner got paid. He might be saddened that they took the site down (obviously not too sad because it would appear there was no clause in their buyout agreement that states the website much remain active), but he still probably got a boatload of money for it. If that really is the case here, it's really the users of the website who are the most effected.

•••
it's really the users of the website who are the most effected.

That's exactly my point.

After acquisition he said that they will be working, but something went wrong with Facebook top management and he left company in August 2015 and now they closing service :(

A lot of stories like that actually, you can read more how it works in Tony Hsieh's book "Delivering Happyness". Big companies either:
1) buying brains cheap
2) buying competitors to close them down.

And it hurts the users every time. When they say Facebook or Twitter cares I know it's all bull, because what they do witness absolute opposite. They just need users to make money of us, like growing energy supply in Matrix.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back