IT.COM

Parking Space

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hi,
just a small tech question!
if i park my own domain name at
my hosting and redirect to sedo/DH,etc....
, how much meg space should i allocate to it?
and how much of the bandwidth?

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
unless you redirect unique traffic to another domain parking at sedo/dh it won't work because it's simply not parked there, which mean it's not recognized on their system. Space is not a problem if you use add-on in cpanel, then redirect that specific domain to "another domain parked at sedo/dh" . Bandwidth depends on how much hit you can get, but each successful request is only 320bytes at most so less than 5gb bw would be used in your case each month.

•••
It's not much really to worry about, simply add the domain in cPanel (add-on domains), and then change the name servers of that domain to the current ones for YOUR server. You would then simply just make a redirection to the parking page. Simple as cake. :tu:

•••
Raf said:
It's not much really to worry about, simply add the domain in cPanel (add-on domains), and then change the name servers of that domain to the current ones for YOUR server. You would then simply just make a redirection to the parking page. Simple as cake. :tu:

Nice, I didn't thought of that.

•••
redirecting in cpanel will not catch the traffic i.e. domain/directory/site etc or directory.domain.com

•••
dedicating space/site and then redirecting seems pointless, although space and bandwidth would be minimal unless you have a yahoo class domain in hits. I have done the opposite myself. I have my DNS set up for fabulous.com which hits their PPC page. From there, I have a popunder or exit page that redirects to my hosted page where the domain is parked on top of my main page.

Alternately, I'd create a page for hosting the domain and have either links to your third party parking, or a popup to go there. I think you could probably find a javascript that would send the user to sedo, etc.upon close of your page.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back