NameSilo

Parking questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
hello there,

i have few questions:
1. after how many days/weeks a parked domain starts to produce traffic ( views and maybe clicks....)
2.is the keyword that important as it is said? how to choose one of the best for a certain site? eg: for one of my sites, www.sexyclips.us should i choose as a keyword "sexy clips" or something else like "nude girls videos" or even something else?
3.i've read that some guys here receive ~2.XX $ per click, even 8.XX $
, how is that possible, at SEDO i receive only 0.03 euros per click, at namedrive i've received 0.01 euros with the same domains:lol:

4. how to increase the nomber of visits and clicks? it cant be just to set the keyword for a domain and then just simply wait to get paid , isnt so?

for the moment i hope that ill get my answers for these questions from you guys
big thanks in advance:gl:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
rrsae said:
hello there,

i have few questions:
1. after how many days/weeks a parked domain starts to produce traffic ( views and maybe clicks....)
2.is the keyword that important as it is said? how to choose one of the best for a certain site? eg: for one of my sites, www.sexyclips.us should i choose as a keyword "sexy clips" or something else like "nude girls videos" or even something else?
, how is that possible, at SEDO i receive only 0.03 euros per click, at namedrive i've received 0.01 euros with the same domains:lol:

4. how to increase the nomber of visits and clicks? it cant be just to set the keyword for a domain and then just simply wait to get paid , isnt so?

for the moment i hope that ill get my answers for these questions from you guys
big thanks in advance:gl:

1. you can have a domain parked for 100 years and u may never get traffic on it, it really depends on either monetizing or how good of a domain it actually is.
2. keyword is important for two factors: relevance to domain name, and how much ppc you can get. Sex might not get as much per click as finance keyword for example.
3. the guys that receive 2$+ per click might be parked using fabulous [which is a hard parking program to get into supposedly]... the highest i've ever received/click is no more than 75cents... but once again, keyword can play a role in how much you get for a click.
4. increasing number of visits to parked pages can be hard... you are really not allowed to link etc and only supposed to receive natural traffic... sometimes people link to their parked pages, and i've asked parking companies like sedo and namedrive if that's allowed and they always say no... so i just never take any chances with linking... but you can develop the site, link around a little, then park it if u start getting some traffic and see how that goes.

wish i could be a bit more specific but i have no time and typed this up in a hurry ;) goodluck! if you need anything else or if i missed something, ill check out the thread a little later! :santa:

•••
rrsae said:
2.is the keyword that important as it is said? how to choose one of the best for a certain site?

You want to consider many factors when choosing a keyword: relevance will determine CTR (click through rate) while the PPC (bid rate) will determine the click payout. Often, you want to try various related keywords to find one that suits you domain best -- this is part of the "fun" of domain parking. Finance keywords pay out well, often at $1-$5 depending on the quality of the traffic.

•••
rrsae said:

I would like to answer this question :D

You can increase number of visits on your parked domains using Adwords IF IF IF you are using the parking service of Parked.com :D

Donny, owner of Parked.com said on another forum that "I have not terminated a single account to this day for somebody sending us arbritage traffic from google".

Here are two informative posts of donny.

The topic of the day, arbritage. My definition of arbritage is the process of buying traffic from search engine A and sending it to a parking page/landing page/vertical page and hopeing that the surfer will click or buy from your page. In the domain parking business usually people go to Google and buy an ad and send it to a parking page that is using Yahoo. This is done because Google allows this to happen on their end, but Yahoo normally does not allow you to send traffic to a normal domain parking page.

I know of many companies that make millions of dollars a month doing this, something that may one day even go public. The biggest problem with this in my eyes, you are paying lots of money to make just a little bit of profit.

So people start going to second tier, third tier, and fourth tier search engines so they can pay even less. What happens with arbritage in all cases is that your traffic quality basically sucks. Sucks so bad that I have on many occasions seen people go from making $50,000 a month to $250 a month once I ban the search engines they are using.

I know of another person who recently came to us from another Yahoo provider who was booted from them because he had low traffic scores and all of his traffic was coming from Google and 2nd tier search engines. After I killed most of his 2nd tier search engines he's now doing very well with us, but he's only making a 10-20% margin.

Would I personally do any arbritage? I think personally think the risks outweigh the rewards, but it is not against our rules as long as you are sending traffic to the same type of domain. Sending traffic looking for car insurance and sending it to a car insurance domain is fine. But as I have said on many occasions, I have stopped people from sending us that type of traffic because it may seem like a quick buck, but it's really not.

Donny

Here is the 2nd post.

rrsae said:
Lawyers, you can't shoot them because who would defend you?

Say you buy a domain and it's getting traffic from some website, do you think I or anybody would terminate your account? But if you make a for sale page and link to 100 of your domains and send a bunch of crappy to the for sale page, then I have the right to terminate your account based on the TOS.

DNjet - Ask around, I think a lot more parking companies that use Yahoo take this than you know. And I know of 2-3 that use Google that do the same thing.

But I will say that I have not terminated a single account to this day for somebody sending us arbritage traffic from google.

Donny

I know all parking companies do not allow this, But as for parked.com it is not against their rules as long as you are sending traffic to the same type of domain using adwords.

•••
thank you
another question : what parking company puts on its parked domains under the name the text "find something interesting" (like on www.sexyclips.com )

•••
•••
•••
ya they have very nice templates, but you should have a very large amount of traffic portfolio in order to apply for a skenzo account. Your portfolio would need to receive at least 1,000,000 unique visitors per month in order to be eligible for a Skenzo Account.

BTW sexyclips.com is parked at klickerz.com and klickerz.com use skenzo feeds, So you can apply for a klickerz account, its not hard to get a klickerz.com account :)

•••
TrafficClub.com also uses feeds from Skenzo (as well as DomainSponsor and a direct Google feed).

•••
If you are using a ppc company with google feeds, the clicks you receive have much to do with your keywords and lately have alot to do with a per performance model as well. For example I received a $5 click on Sedo for one of my names (coins) They do need to be relevant though. Finance, education, Insurance can pay well.

Last edited:
•••
Are there any parking sites that allow linking to parked pages?

•••
I think Goldkey.com allow this,, not sure

•••
cancerian said:
ya they have very nice templates, but you should have a very large amount of traffic portfolio in order to apply for a skenzo account. Your portfolio would need to receive at least 1,000,000 unique visitors per month in order to be eligible for a Skenzo Account.

BTW sexyclips.com is parked at klickerz.com and klickerz.com use skenzo feeds, So you can apply for a klickerz account, its not hard to get a klickerz.com account :)

hello how can i get a klickerz.com account? i've appliedf for one but got no answer

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back