NameSilo

Parking a domain name???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How do I move my domain name from Godaddy to Sedo or Afternic so I can park them? Can you explain with specific details? Thank You

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you use the others nameservers you don't move them you place EX: NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM and NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM in the spots it says for nameservers on godaddy.

•••
First sign up with Sedo that go to park domain and it will give you step by step details.

•••
DomainSlayer said:
First sign up with Sedo that go to park domain and it will give you step by step details.

On godaddy its say transfer domain name is that part of the process?

vnix.ca said:
you use the others nameservers you don't move them you place EX: NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM and NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM in the spots it says for nameservers on godaddy.

Where do find the name server?

•••
john_karr said:
On godaddy its say transfer domain name is that part of the process?
Transfer the domain? No, you don't need to transfer the name to park it.

john_karr said:
Where do find the name server?
Go into your Godaddy.com account - where you see your domains. Check the box next to the domain and right above all the domains there are options find the one to change nameservers, then enter the nameservers it gives you at Sedo and hit save.

:)

•••
Fewski said:

Go into your Godaddy.com account - where you see your domains. Check the box next to the domain and right above all the domains there are options find the one to change nameservers, then enter the nameservers it gives you at Sedo and hit save.

OK thank u guys

Fewski said:

When i park my domain do I have to find the links for my page and if so where do i find them?

•••
haha mine was kinda confussing Fewski did a great job with the recovery i don't use godaddy very much

•••
sedo does all the "page creation", you just give it some keywords and categories for your domain names. make sure you click the button at the bottom of the list of your domains so that the changes apply. then wait a few days and tweak if necessary.

•••
You can also forward your domain from Godaddy to Sedo.

•••
•••
I wouldnt park at sedo unless your domain really has global appeal. But for sure list it there. Park it somewhere else. I recommend domainhop or gold key... afternic if its a domain about domain biz.

•••
Fleege said:
I wouldnt park at sedo unless your domain really has global appeal. But for sure list it there. Park it somewhere else. I recommend domainhop or gold key... afternic if its a domain about domain biz.
How are the ppc rates at gold key and domainhop?

•••
ppc rates.

They are super low just as pretty much all parking services but it is easy and wrong to get hung up on ppc. what one need to consider is do they get traffic. same domain parked at 3 different services (even though it would not be possible at the same time) would all get different traffic stats based on how optimization friendly each DP user interface is.

On sedo there's just not much you can do...whereas dh and gk gives you a lot of options and control.

•••
Fleege said:
ppc rates.

whereas dh and gk gives you a lot of options and control.
Could you elaborate on the benefits? I am not familiar with DH or GK. Right now, I am parked at Sedo and listed there as well at TDNAM and Afternic.

•••
Yes, Fleege, please be more specific on what kind of controls you are referring to.

Thanks

•••
well mainly title and description and keyowrds. Try them and you'll see.

key point is. My research has shown that you get more traffic with hd and gk to plain domains without history or type in domains that you do to similar names at sedo.

sedo is still great for name marketing and exposure. afternic is great for that too but I wouldnt park at either. I still have about 30 names parked at sedo that I need to move. I have described the differences a bit more at www.DomainparkingGuru.com - more like Guru in training but hey. we all gotta start somewhere. I am about 1 year into domains so far...

•••
Fleege said:
well mainly title and description and keyowrds. Try them and you'll see.

key point is. My research has shown that you get more traffic with hd and gk to plain domains without history or type in domains that you do to similar names at sedo.

sedo is still great for name marketing and exposure. afternic is great for that too but I wouldnt park at either. I still have about 30 names parked at sedo that I need to move. I have described the differences a bit more at www.DomainparkingGuru.com - more like Guru in training but hey. we all gotta start somewhere. I am about 1 year into domains so far...
Sedo also allows you to type in your desired keywords, but they are checked before given approval.

•••
Fewski said:

Fewski everytime i enter the nameservers Sedo give me and enter it into godaddy it keep say invalid information. Im new to all this stuff do I have to enter the numbers where it say NS on godaddy? Or is it more thinks i have to enter?

•••
john_karr said:
Fewski everytime i enter the nameservers Sedo give me and enter it into godaddy it keep say invalid information. Im new to all this stuff do I have to enter the numbers where it say NS on godaddy? Or is it more thinks i have to enter?

There should be 2 name servers that should look like this:

NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM

That is what you enter into the name servers. Heres a screen shot:

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6791/nameservers4mn.gif

If you enter it exactly like that you should be okay. :) Let me know if you have any more questions.

•••
Fewski said:
There should be 2 name servers that should look like this:

NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM

That is what you enter into the name servers. Heres a screen shot:

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6791/nameservers4mn.gif

If you enter it exactly like that you should be okay. :) Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks man you been a big help I'll let you know how everything goiing in a couple of days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back