IT.COM

Outbound marketing - with and without the price

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Miro Baranasic

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

If we focus on low valued domains, like 3 words GEO and 3 words low valued EMD domains, what are your experiences with the price in first email or when you send emails without the price in first email when you do outbound marketing?
Does the domain value also affect if you will include the price or not?
Do you have any statistics in which way do you sell more domains and how to achieve a higher price?

My experience with including the price:
1. The domains are selling quick and for higher price (2 emails and transfer and payment are finished or just first email when they buy the domain at marketplace- I included it in template)
2. The response ratio is smaller

The way when I don´t include the price in first email I am still testing and so far what I can see is that:

1. I receive much more responses.
2. Obviously is the best to tell the price in next email.
3. A lot buyers give up when you tell them the price (they probably want a domain for max $100 or $50)
4. I think it´s good that you know that you have potential buyer when they ask you for the price and you can try with a bit higher price (example you tell the buyer that the price is $350 and if they don´t respond for few days you send them reduced price $250 or $199 etc.)
5. Usually I sell the domain when I reduce the price
6. In other way I´m waiting to finish the higher sell for now - $700
7. Selling is slow ending, so there is a possibility that the end user will eventually give up.

From this I can conclude that it is more profitable when I include the price in first email. But I also like far more respones when I don´t include the price. If I could get more sales from these respones the way when I don´t include the price would be much more profitable.

Please share your experiences and opinions.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally prefer to not include a price in my initial email message. I get a higher read rate and response rate when not including the price.

•••
I don't include a price if its a cheap domain.

•••
Same here... no price. I prefer to put a link to buy it and that will usually have the BIN and a minimum offer to entice a sale faster.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back