IT.COM

.tv Opinion: Are City Name .TV Worth Regging?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm on the fence about regging some City name .TV's,I wanted to see what everyone thought about them.Reg or not bother?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah, great for regged especially if the city has a sports team of the same name.

Unfortunately, verisign charges big $$$ for city names .tv.

•••
Why not?
A good city name is good in any extension..
You have to be aware of .TV's "premium" name pricing policy...
They can attach whatever price they like to what they feel is a "Premium" name.
I do see that they now allow you to make an offer if the name is over $500. That wasn't an option before.
Step carefully..

Good Luck
Jim

•••
Agree with Above somewhat - but as Jay said ... Step carefully ~ I personally wouldn't go for anything but the Major Metropolitan areas if available - And would be very cautious if you are planning to just try a quick resell ..... It would have to be a somewhat long term Development to make sure it would be profitable (Especially with some of the premium prices they ask !)

•••
Thanks guys,

Actually the major city name .TV's I know of are suspiciously available for reg at regular price of $29.95 at GoDaddy or anywhere else...and they are US Capital cities.

OK,halfway through writing this post I couldn't resist and regged Trenton.tv for $29.95 at GoDaddy.I checked ALL the capital cities .TV last night and only two were available...Trenton.tv and Montpelier.tv...If you reg Montpelier,NP's greatly appreciated!
I'm not looking to make a killing on it waiting for an end user..I'd be happy with low-mid $XXX...although as much as I hate them,GreatDomains may consider listing it...hmm.

•••
Well, if the names are like Syndey.tv or Mexico.tv or London.tv etc I am sure they will really sell well. But last time when I checked for these names at .tv their registration fee didnt allow me to register these names :)

SAn

•••
NP$ Sent!

I regged that other name :)

•••
There is another JeffersonCity.tv State Capital of Missouri

•••
Im assuming it would have to be a killer one word domain. I havent seen a .tv sell in a long time.

•••
i believe this kind of domains worth something only developed....

•••
Development is the key Vimkar you are right.

•••
I have 2 city .TV's.. im hoping they will sell soon as .TV gains popularity.

Regards,
Jarrod

•••
i don't think that any old city name is good. It must be of a big city of some importance, then maybe it will be good

•••
superprogrammer said:
Syndey.tv

Dont fret man, syndey is available right now at go daddy...

I think they said $20 or something...

:) ;)

•••
It depends, godthab.org everyone said was worthless and I assume that would just be worse in .tv, but a name like buenosaires.tv (just picked randomly) would be very good.

•••
What do you guys think of these..

Montpelier.TV (Capital of Vermont)
VirginiaBeach.TV (High Tourism and over 650,000 + population)

Thanks!

•••
1rrr1 said:
i don't think that any old city name is good. It must be of a big city of some importance, then maybe it will be good

Agreed. I wouldn't bother with a (city).TV unless it is a major city. The high reg fees don't justify the possible return on investment otherwise. The .info extension is much better suited for buying city names.

•••
What about Capital city .cc?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back