IT.COM

discuss OpenAI's mysterious project Q-STAR, is there an opportunity for domain investment?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Stariii

Established Member
Impact
OpenAI acknowledged a project called Q * in internal communications sent to employees and wrote to the board before Altman was fired. A spokesperson for OpenAI stated that the internal communication was released by Mira Murati, a long-time executive (former OpenAI CTO and interim CEO during the chaos), with the purpose of alerting employees to certain media reports but not commenting on their accuracy.
Q * is pronounced as Q-Star, and some people online speculate that OpenAI may have made another significant breakthrough or discovery in AGI development.

The mysterious model Q-Star was built by two top researchers at OpenAI, Jakub Pachocki and Szymon Sidor, based on the research achievements of OpenAI's Chief Scientist Ilya Sutskever. After Altman was fired, these two researchers were also among the first senior employees to resign.

I found that both qstar.com and qstar.net have been registered.

I registered a hack domain: qst.ar

Let's see if there is an opportunity for appreciation.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This, along many other AI developments towards AGI convienced me to finally handreg some .coms.
I've followed this topic closely every single day for about half a year now. AGI is definitely coming, some argue it's here already (because we keep moving the goal post to higher and higher capabilities). Personally, I believe AGI at the 'top 10% smartest humans' level will be here within the next 1-3 years.

Last edited:
•••
There are 118 extensions registered in qstar. Not something I would chase but there are always those who do. Over and over again.

My opinion is since it was leaked (probably intentionally) the project’s supposed name is NOT going to be a final product name.

There are also at least 5 existing trademarks for qstar. Tread carefully.

Better to speculate with broad generic terms in the same niche.

Last edited:
•••
Qstar is totally different compare with other "language based" AI....it is something really intelligent...lets see what's going on...

•••
•••
Q names should pick up from here
Hi

yeah, and X names as well
then the Z, W, U, J, V, K and Y names too

only a matter of time, before the ugly letters become attractive.
because it's something about them, that the others don't have.

:)

imo...

•••
A deeper dive. Rumor and not confirmed.

•••
It sounds like OnStar, i hate it.

Still waiting for the day Google Bard, Ai.com pass OpenAi

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back