NameSilo

question Open Ai acquires Ai.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ai.com is now live.

Open Ai redirected it to ChatGPT.

What was the acquisition cost of this digital asset?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd be totally shocked if Microsoft or OpenAi could acquire Ai.com for anything less than $50M.
Why? From what I remember, Microsoft bought bob.com for $1M. These corporations are not shy to offer small amounts. $5M is big money, especially when for 10 years all you get are $1M offers.

•••
I'd be totally shocked if Microsoft or OpenAi could acquire Ai.com for anything less than $50M.
Amazon had Alexa for a long time now, but they did not buy ai.com, neither is Tesla. To assume that corporations are generous with money is to make a misassumption.

•••
•••
Why? From what I remember, Microsoft bought bob.com for $1M. These corporations are not shy to offer small amounts. $5M is big money, especially when for 10 years all you get are $1M offers.
bob is not Ai.

Considering Ai is the next big thing everyone is either excited or worried about, I think it should break the top most expensive domain name sale ever.

•••
bob is not Ai.

Considering Ai is the next big thing everyone is either excited or worried about, I think it should break the top most expensive domain name sale ever.
What is the size of ai industry? Is is online industry or offline industry (how important is the domain to the company)?

Bob.com was sold during dot com rush.

•••
•••
Where are you getting these numbers from?
The number came from my head, I was just saying that is what I would expect for it in the current environment. AI is the hottest trend and there is an arms race between multi-billion dollar companies over who will be the most successful with it. Not to mention the rariity of two-letter .coms in their own right. This should be one of the highest priced domains ever, better than voice.com which sold for $30M IMO.

In any case, it sounds like it sold a year ago and for much less money.

Last edited:
•••
I'm guessing eight figures, the abbreviation ai is pretty hyped-up right now, so ai.com might be the most valuable domain at the market at this time.

Definitely a smart move on Open AI's part, since it will help them in their positioning over Microsoft and Google. Of course, the quality of the service is going to be the determining factor, but this will definitely make them seem like a serious competitor.
openai was getting heavily funded by microsoft

•••
What a freaking asset! Whoohoo! $25m minimum. No way its less. Kudos to the buyer! Congrats to the seller! :)

•••
Why exactly is this a mystery, the acquisition price? I would expect an announcement, has anyone asked the chat gpt itself? It should know..

My artificial intel, high 7-figures to 15M, possibly along with other rewards to the seller. Maybe they get a permanent subscription.

Last edited:
•••
Ai is the next big thing...
it is big, yes, it is worth a strategic invest...30/50M is not a big deal in this context for first tier company like MS.

•••
What is the size of ai industry? Is is online industry or offline industry (how important is the domain to the company)?

Bob.com was sold during dot com rush.

Ai will eventually become the largest industry ever. Every other industry will depend upon Ai.

Also, Ai is well known everywhere, not just within English speaking people.
It became a term that's more popular than regular English words.

Not to mention, it's just two characters. No other two character word is more popular than ai at the moment.

Do your canculations.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back