Dynadot

domain onlinecollege.biz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ocampa

Established Member
Impact
Hi Guys

your expert opinion please for this domain, am newbie, do appreciate your advise. Do you think this worth much please?

Thanks so much

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMHO, there is no worth in this domain. The name and the TLD do not have a good relationship together. It's sort of like LocalPlumber.edu

Also, .biz is very unpopular TLD. In fact, I've seen more spam come from a .biz than legitimate uses.

My appraisals are my own opinion and nothing more.

•••
Hi
IMHO, there is no worth in this domain. The name and the TLD do not have a good relationship together. It's sort of like LocalPlumber.edu

Also, .biz is very unpopular TLD. In fact, I've seen more spam come from a .biz than legitimate uses.

My appraisals are my own opinion and nothing more.

Hi thanks so very much for your honest opinion. Much appreciated. But as a newbie I thought when there are
many searches & other similar names good selling price maybe, maybe I would be able to sell it? Please see below my
research:

Exact Match Search Volume: 18,102 (according KWFinder)
Keyword Value CPC: $84.36 (according KWFinder)
Competiton: Medium

Similar Sales:
Onlinedegree.com - $120,000
Onlineeducation.com - $100.000
Onlinecollegeclasses.com - $91,000
Bestonlinecolleges.com - $56,000
Onlinecollegedegrees.com - $22,800
Onlineeducation.org - $18,228
Bestonlinecollege.com - $2,950
Onlinedegrees.biz - $1,500
Freeonlinecollege.com - $510

Starting Bid: $428
Bid Increments: $1 or more
BIN: $530

Do you still think that with above stats I could maybe sell
it?

Thanks very much

•••
•••
I agree with EbookLover - not a lot of value to this domain. Education and .biz don't go together.

Just because a name sold for $100,000 in .com doesn't mean your extension is worth 10%. It's more like 1% or 0.1%. So yeah, you can put a $100 price tag on this and try to sell it, but chances are you will be wasting money on renewal fees forever and never sell it.

Advice - Stick to .com.

If you have to .biz domains for whatever reason (don't) then stick to one word only.

•••
I agree with EbookLover - not a lot of value to this domain. Education and .biz don't go together.

Just because a name sold for $100,000 in .com doesn't mean your extension is worth 10%. It's more like 1% or 0.1%. So yeah, you can put a $100 price tag on this and try to sell it, but chances are you will be wasting money on renewal fees forever and never sell it.

Advice - Stick to .com.

If you have to .biz domains for whatever reason (don't) then stick to one word only.
Thanks so very much for your valuable reply.

•••
No value for this 2 word .biz name.

You would better try to get online.biz or college.biz that's what sells in .biz

•••
Thank you so much for your advise. Much appreciated.

•••
•••
•••
The domain isn't horrible .. but it only has a small chance of selling. If you do sell it to an end user you could probably get several hundred.

But the problem with the domain is that you have quite a low chance of selling to an end user (not impossible).

So at the end of the day even if maybe you bought it for $20, the chances of you selling it per year is maybe 1/50 if you price it mid-high $xxx. So combine those two factors and math just doesn't make it worth while to hold.

The other problem you have is there are no end users who buy domains at NamePros .. or at least not these kinds of domains .. the wholesale value of the domain is probably about $10 to $30 max depending on how much time is left before expiration. Maybe a little bit more if you get lucky and find a wholesaler who already has clients in the education niche (but the chances of that are fairly low I'guess).

Again .. it's not a horrible domain .. but it just isn't good enough to be worth investing in because there are better opportunities out there.

When I started domaining I also bought some .biz domains almost exactly like that exactly because the stats were huge .. I've since dropped all but a few 1-word.

Anyhow .. good luck with it! :)

•••
Thanks so much Ategy for your kind comments. Will take note of your advise.

Thanks again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back