IT.COM

question One word .org price?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

adaaja98

Established Member
Impact
Does one word .org have value?

I just found a short very familiar one word .org not registered.

does it have value? especially for reseller, would they buy it?

if i hand reg it can i sell it quickly?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it's one dictionary word by the way

•••
The answer is "maybe".

I like single word .org domains, but don't expect a quick sale for any old word. It depends on the word, and chances are, if it's sitting there unregistered, then there may not be much demand for that word. Try to identify who your potential buyers would be before you register it.

Good luck!

•••
Hi

although some words that are not traditionally under the "org" umbrella, have been sold and might be trending....
the best words, or combination of, are those that really "fit" the extension.

the traditional usage of .org is changing, but the concept of .org still exists for many.

so it always depends on the actual domain in question.

imo...

•••
•••
.org is not an extension where you can still find to reg good popular and on top of it short, single dictionary words.

it does not really happen in .org
certanly not in .com
not even in .net

happens a ton in biz... quite often in info... often enough in xyz.. etc..

there is an order to things in domaining u see.... like a hierarchy of extensions ;) when comes to 1word domains...

as for value of 1word org.. it depends on word.
hotel..///..//org is great.. compilation.////..//.org not so much (I Don't get too many offers) ;)
but even so... compilation is still an old domain!

hope this helps. cheers.

Last edited:
•••
The answer is "maybe".

I like single word .org domains, but don't expect a quick sale for any old word. It depends on the word, and chances are, if it's sitting there unregistered, then there may not be much demand for that word. Try to identify who your potential buyers would be before you register it.

Good luck!
Hi

although some words that are not traditionally under the "org" umbrella, have been sold and might be trending....
the best words, or combination of, are those that really "fit" the extension.

the traditional usage of .org is changing, but the concept of .org still exists for many.

so it always depends on the actual domain in question.

imo...
.org is not an extension where you can still find to reg good popular and on top of it short, single dictionary words.

it does not really happen in .org
certanly not in .com
not even in .net

happens a ton in biz... quite often in info... often enough in xyz.. etc..

there is an order to things in domaining u see.... like a hierarchy of extensions ;) when comes to 1word domains...

as for value of 1word org.. it depends on word.
hotel..///..//org is great.. compilation.////..//.org not so much (I Don't get too many offers) ;)
but even so... compilation is still an old domain!

hope this helps. cheers.

Thanks for your reply, but actually after i make this thread i just realize instantdomainsearch.com doesn't show me a valid result. So the word that i saw available in that site is not available when i try to search it in registrar site. And i don't know how to delete a thread. But thank you for your reply, it will help me in the future :)

•••
i make this thread i just realize instantdomainsearch.com doesn't show me a valid result. So the word that i saw available in that site is not available when i try to search it in registrar site. And i don't know how to delete a thread. But thank you for your reply, it will help me in the future

Hi

it's good that you see that error, even after the fact.

now use it,
to understand why most 3rd party is not reliable source and are basically "fake picks" in the pick and shovel selling game.

time wasted, but words said that... hopefully, will take you where you think you want to go

imo...

•••
So the word that i saw available in that site is not available when i try to search it in registrar site.

was it registered long before you searched for it?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back