Dynadot

Onclick event Tracking in Google Analytics

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello Everyone,

My website is having software exe trial versions. Is there any way in Google Analytic's to keep track how many exe's are downloading from my website? Any help will be appropriated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It should show them as accessed files if people can click on a link to the file and download it. Have you checked the stats programs that come with your hosting account, assuming that it does?

•••
It should show them as accessed files if people can click on a link to the file and download it. Have you checked the stats programs that come with your hosting account, assuming that it does?

Thanks for answering,

I have checked my Google Analytic but i did not get anything from there. is there any other way to check?

•••
If can redirect visitors to a landing page after downloading then you can track how many visitors had downloaded that application.

•••
I have not used Google Analytics much. Can you see how many times people have downloaded (viewed) your images? If you can then it should show you the other downloaded files as well.

Does your hosting account also provide stats in your control panel? If so you may be able to use that application to see the number of downloads.

webdevelopement's suggestion is a good one, but only if you are controling the download of the files. :)

The other option is to take your download link, and make a small page that redirects to the download. You would see the exact number of downloads, but you will see how many times someone clicked on the link for the download...

•••
Hi, such a nice and help full article.thx for share.

•••
You can add a bit of on page tracking code on your software exe trial links within the <a href>, something like this:

<a href="http://www.yoururl.com" onClick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Download', 'Click', 'Trial Link Click']);">Download Software Trial</a>

The stats will show up in Google Analytics --> Content --> Event tracking

Hope this helps.
Matt

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back