Dynadot

sales OMG, This is so FREAKING weird! GoDaddy sold my domain name without my permission?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

owntype

DomainName.comTop Member
Impact
I received an offer via Godaddy's domain buy service. (It's not the 1st time)

I logged in my GD account, found the offer is $1,750 and I chose to counter.
However, right after I submitted my $85,000 counter offer I was re-directed to a page with the following info:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your response regarding *****.COM.
You can expect to receive an email message on how you can manage your current domain sale.

Accepted Offer: $1,750.00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So can any of you tell me what does this mean? I have done such negotiation via GD domain buy service in the past, but this is the first time I noticed their info. Why it shows "Accepted Offer: $1,750.00" ???

Just sent GD an email regarding this issue.

Attachments

• omg.jpg
    omg.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 20
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
contact them asap and cancel transaction and explain situation
i had similar problem and i had to sold it for $1800

•••
This is why I email my counter offers to a rep first. Then you have proof of your intentions :)

•••
contact them asap and cancel transaction and explain situation
i had similar problem and i had to sold it for $1800

Hey, thanks for the suggestion.

I contacted live support first and they suggest me to call domain buy service directly.
So I just made the call with Godaddy domain buy service, the staff told me it was a mistake but they don't know why this happened. The system did show I countered $85,000 but it also shows I accepted that $1,750 offer. Anyway, they cancelled the transaction for me. I ask the support team to send me an email to confirm this cancellation and they said they will do it right away.

•••
A quick update: just got the cancellation confirmation. I assume the issue is solved now!
Thanks guys!
& Thank you Jerry@GD for the prompt help.

•••
•••
Jeez...nice one dude. Good to hear u managed to save it and cancel the transaction...

But now you left us all hanging with an unfinished story :) - You never told us if u closed the sale with your counter offer of $85 000? .... :p

•••
You know you are in panic mode when you title your screenshot "omg.jpg". :)

Glad everything worked out.

•••
But now you left us all hanging with an unfinished story :) - You never told us if u closed the sale with your counter offer of $85 000? .... :p

Enquiring minds could die from curiosity about the $85,000.

•••
DAMMIT! GO DADDY JUST CANCELED MY $1750 OFFER THAT WAS ACCEPTED!
Just kidding. I'm glad it worked out for you. I feel bad for the buyer, though.

•••
DAMMIT! GO DADDY JUST CANCELED MY $1750 OFFER THAT WAS ACCEPTED!
Just kidding. I'm glad it worked out for you. I feel bad for the buyer, though.
looks like a compaq "laptop"

•••
looks like a compaq "laptop"
Its actually an IBM. The one I have is from 1984, IIRC. I found the date on a component inside. It still works, too.

•••
GD AI:
$85,000 seriously?
nah $1,750

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back