Dynadot

OlympicHopeful.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Captdocs

Established Member
Impact
Hi All,

I'm a big fan of the Olympics and this site is a place to promote aspiring Olympians and news about the Olympics. The site is slowly gaining a following and I'm looking for some opinions on how to make it better!

OlympicHopeful.com

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
just front page loads and after i click on image it shows 500 page.

maybe you need nice designing.

•••
just front page loads and after i click on image it shows 500 page.

maybe you need nice designing.

Hah thanks for looking! Site was down yesterday but everything should be back up and running if you check it out now.

•••
Following perusal I'll offer these few comments.

Suggest IF the site grows to include more Interviews, categorize the Interviews by their respective sport or competition rather than just chronologically, or offer both methods of locating interviews.

A visitor may prefer to learn about hopefuls by their specific sport or competition or only have an interest in a particular sport or competition.

In the FEATURES section the sub-sections seem to run too close together on the page, in particular the
" Recent Articles" sub-section and the " News " sub-section run too close.

Overall an interesting concept and a nice start to your site!

•••
Following perusal I'll offer these few comments.

Suggest IF the site grows to include more Interviews, categorize the Interviews by their respective sport or competition rather than just chronologically, or offer both methods of locating interviews.

A visitor may prefer to learn about hopefuls by their specific sport or competition or only have an interest in a particular sport or competition.

In the FEATURES section the sub-sections seem to run too close together on the page, in particular the
" Recent Articles" sub-section and the " News " sub-section run too close.

Overall an interesting concept and a nice start to your site!

Thanks for the great feedback! I have actually thought about categorizing the interview by sport however, I haven't thought of a way for people to sort through each specific sport.. Would it be a good idea to create a page for them to pick what sport, or just a list in the sidebar?

I will fix the features section!

Thanks again!

•••
ok i checked your website if you add olympic news maybe that will increase website visits.

•••
Thanks for the great feedback! I have actually thought about categorizing the interview by sport however, I haven't thought of a way for people to sort through each specific sport.. Would it be a good idea to create a page for them to pick what sport, or just a list in the sidebar?

I will fix the features section!

Thanks again!

With the assumption of your site growing over time with many more hopeful's interviews presented, a sidebar menu giving visitors the option to view interviews by respective sport/competition would be advisable.

The " ski fan " may not wish to search through dozens of other sport or competition interviews to locate the desired " ski hopeful " interviews.

And should you get a large site going you could also consider providing an additional menu listing interviews by country, for those visitors who may be more country centric or follow all of their countries' competitors.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back