Dynadot

Official Russian LL.com Countdown

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
With the sell out of LLLL.com and potentially LLLL.net it's a wonder that Russian LL.com (that's right 2 letter domains) are still available. There are only 1089 Russian LL.coms in existence - with only 299 currently available.

Countdown:
Feb 5, 2008 - 299
Mar 22, 2008 - 147

So, I thought I'd start this thread to get the word out. You can find a list of the currently available domains at IDNs.ws. You can find a picture of the Russian keyboard layout here.

I believe all the double premiums are taken, but there are plenty of single premium domains available. My thoughts (please note I am not a Russian speaker, but this is my opinion based on over 2 years of researching Russian domains) on premium letters are:

Premium Letters - Π°, Π±, Π², Π³, Π΄, Π΅, ΠΈ, ΠΊ, Π», ΠΌ, Π½, ΠΎ, ΠΏ, Ρ€, с, Ρ‚, Ρƒ, Ρ„

Fair Letters - ΠΆ, Π·, Ρ…, Ρ†, Ρ‡, ш, э, ю, я, Ρ‰

Poor Letters - ΠΉ, Ρ‹, Ρ‘

Not Really Letters - ъ, ь (these are actually consonant modifiers, but may work as the second letter)

Please note this is just my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree the names remaining are not great, but they are still two letter. When English two letters were still available I bet people said "what's the point of qz.com or yq.com?"

Even fairly meaningless combinations would be great email addresses in the future. They are short and memorable. I would not advocate buying the combinations beginning with Ρ‹, ъ, or ь but the other ones will have value in the future. How much value is anybody's guess.

Who would have thought that LLLL.com and LLLL.net (not completely sold out yet I believe) would sell out? There are over 450,000 combinations of each. There are only 1089 combinations of Russian LL.com - much more rare and a safer bet IMO.

•••
thefabfive said:
I agree the names remaining are not great, but they are still two letter. When English two letters were still available I bet people said "what's the point of qz.com or yq.com?"

Even fairly meaningless combinations would be great email addresses in the future. They are short and memorable. I would not advocate buying the combinations beginning with Ρ‹, ъ, or ь but the other ones will have value in the future. How much value is anybody's guess.

Who would have thought that LLLL.com and LLLL.net (not completely sold out yet I believe) would sell out? There are over 450,000 combinations of each. There are only 1089 combinations of Russian LL.com - much more rare and a safer bet IMO.

the problem is that the extensions are in ascii characters which is good for english speakers and not for russian who would choose idn extensions as soon as they will be available, I was tempted and thanks for your info but I decided to stay out of it.

•••
Other viewpoints are great for a lively discussion.

To quote a famous domainer - "It's a .com world".

And Russian speakers have been using ASCII.ASCII for years now. I think the move from .ru to .Ρ€Ρ„ will happen, but I'm unconvinced it will dominate .ru or .com anytime soon.

•••
•••
I grabbed Π³Ρ‰.com as it was one of the better ones remaining (One good and one medium letter)
Your thoughts, thefabfive?

•••
The focus right now seems to be on "short" domains. Domainers have bought out all of the more than 450,000 LLLL.coms. With only 1089 Russian LL.com it seems like a no-brainer to me that these will someday be very lucrative. Granted the premium combinations are long gone.

Personally, I would rather own these Russian domains than a "short" .net or "short" dashed domain (L-L-L, LL-L, L-LL, or whatever).

Edit - picked up Π½Ρ‹.com. was planning on ΠΎΡ‰.com also but someone beat me to it.

•••
Quite a bit has gone on since the last post. Over 100 more Russian LL.com have been registered. For the most recent scan check IDNS.ws/rll.htm.

Currently there are 147 Russian LL.com remaining. Broken up in three categories as follows:

Russian LL.com excluding ь, ъ, Ρ‘, and starting Ρ‹: 40 remaining

Russian LL.com with Ρ‘: 5 remaining

Russian LL.com with ъ, ь, or starting Ρ‹: 102 remaining

•••
•••
Rubber Duck said:
I am going to regret this no doubt but I believe the entire Georgian Alphabet is still available as single letter dot coms. It seemed to be last time I looked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_alphabet

Thanks for information, Rubber Duck. I do not know Georgian language, but decided to reg 4 domains. No idea if it was good or bad choice. I took:

ა.COM
αƒ’.COM
αƒ₯.COM
ბ.COM

By the way, there is a thread called Short Domain Buyout Info , you could also post this information there. :D

•••
I grabbed several of the gergian alphabet thanks

Also snagged δ΢.com a greek 2 letter IDN Delta Zeta go search that :)

•••
Are there any 1 letter IDN .com left? In any alphabet?

•••
Seeing as there are very few (if any?) words starting with ъ, ь, or Ρ‹ there really is no value in these remaining domains.

•••
Pound said:
Seeing as there are very few (if any?) words starting with ъ, ь, or Ρ‹ there really is no value in these remaining domains.
I agree. They were mainly included for completeness.

The worthwhile investments IMO are in the first and second groups. But not much left in those (about 43 or so) and what is left was left for a reason.

•••
just bought my frist 2 idn names.. :D

Ρ‘Π°.com
Ρ‘ΠΎ.com

•••
I just bought 1-letter Georgian one lol.

Probs will be rare in the future :)

•••
ITsurfers said:
just bought my frist 2 idn names.. :D

Ρ‘Π°.com
Ρ‘ΠΎ.com

What script is that Ρ‘ in, Turkish?

Anyway, nice short names!

•••
jacksonm said:
What script is that Ρ‘ in, Turkish?

Anyway, nice short names!

Yo (Ё, Ρ‘ ) is the seventh letter of the Russian Cyrillic alphabet

•••
im confused on how to reg any of these names, help would be appreciated thanks

•••
•••
thefabfive said:

Ah, Cyrillic 2-chars. Nice. They will be nice as long as you don't try to mix a Cyrillic char with an ascii char, but these are not.

•••
Question String said:
I just bought 1-letter Georgian one lol.

Probs will be rare in the future :)

Which one have you got? I thought they are gone already

•••
Guys you are simply wasting your money... Please read what vlad74 wrote above... Do you really think Russians are that stupid they wouldn't have long regged those LL's if there were any value in them?

thefabfive said:

LL's with the Russian letter "Ρ‘" are totally useless since "Ρ‘" is always replaced by "Π΅" in written Russian.

Basement said:
I grabbed Π³Ρ‰.com as it was one of the better ones remaining

LOL... Now grab a Russian dictionary and see how many and what Russian words start with "Ρ‰"...

Pound said:

There is not a single word in Russian that starts with ъ, ь, or Ρ‹... so, yes, the remaining Russian LL.com's are useless... otherwise we Russians would have long taken them all.

•••
America said:
LOL... Now grab a Russian dictionary and see how many and what Russian words start with "Ρ‰"...
I can't argue that what's left is not great. But I can see some uses for a few of them.

How many Russian last names start with Ρ‰? Or better yet, how many Russians have last names that start with Ρ‰?

•••
America said:
Guys you are simply wasting your money... Please read what vlad74 wrote above... Do you really think Russians are that stupid they wouldn't have long regged those LL's if there were any value in them?

LL's with the Russian letter "Ρ‘" are totally useless since "Ρ‘" is always replaced by "Π΅" in written Russian.

There is not a single word in Russian that starts with ъ, ь, or Ρ‹... so, yes, the remaining Russian LL.com's are useless... otherwise we Russians would have long taken them all.

Just like you would have registered the top Geo's and Category Killing Generics?

Of course you may argue that they won't get traffic. But then the facts are in. We know that they get traffic because we are getting it!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back