Dynadot

Official NNNNN.com Countdown Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm going to start this off. I just bought over 1,000 NNNNN.com's today, all were German postal codes. I am hoping to hold these as a long term investment and possibly develop or sell them down the road. I also have a portfolio of other NNNNN.com's that I am already making money on cash parking with. As it stands, there are less than 19,000 NNNNN.com's left, out of only 100,000 total (far less than the 450,000+ LLLL.com's which have already sold out). So most of the NNNNN.com's are gone, and all the 1NNNN.com's are gone and over 90% of the 2NNNN.com's are already gone. The NNNNN.com's are the next category of domain real estate on the net to go.

Why buy an NNNNN.com? A number of reasons:

1) You will get cash parking revenue even on totally random numbers. I have had very good cash parking success with my NNNNN.com's so far, some even consistently bring in large amounts >$2-5/day, and I haven't even figured out yet why so many people are typing in these numbers so I can set appropriate keywords to make even more.

2) Lucky numbers, very big in many cultures including China, where lucky number domains have been bought for $$$.

3) Numbers make words when spelled on cell phones, and this market has just started to take off (466453.com brings you to GOOGLE.COM):

4) Lots of foreign countries have 5 digit postal codes and this is a potential source for type-in traffic as well as development of related content,

5) US zip code NNNNN.com's are very valuable and the postal service keeps adding new ones, so a number that it not very important today could be a large zip code tomorrow.

6) A number is easy to remember and completely brandable, quite possibly more so than some of those bizarre LLLL.com's which are going for so much,

7) Numbers mean things, finances, product numbers, birthdays, prices, and so much more,

8) There is a very limited total supply of NNNNN.com domains, and the vast majority are already gone, so it is just a matter of time before they are all taken. All the NNNN.com domains are gone and are now valuable, don't miss out on NNNNN.com's!

Where to start with numeric domains?

Huge database of foreign postal codes, many NNNNN's available here

Phone Spell tool (type in a number and see what words it spells on a phone) here

Numbers in Chinese culture here

Guide to Numeric Domains here

Another good tool is google's adwords keywords tool, see the search volume for NNNNN's and whether advertisers are paying for them, here

Please post other resources for people hunting for NNNNN.com's.

Since this is a countdown thread, I better give some numbers. As of this morning, there were 19,346 NNNNN.com's available based on a scan of all NNNNN.com's (100,000 total). I have registered 1,032 since then. So to my knowledge there are 18,314 available now.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
It's been a blast! But we've only just begun...

Michael_Goldman said:
yeah all gone, none available out of 100k!
Congratulations to all of you who picked up one or more NNNNN numeric domains. When you think about it, there are only a handful of people on the planet that can own one of these rare birds.

Now here's a novel idea. Why don't we actually DO SOMETHING with them. Continue the dialogue about them, talk about them, sing about them, give em' to your kids, blog about them, share your parking stats, celebrate your sales!

We are literally at the gates of what could be a paradigm shift in how the world accesses information and interacts with their peers. Numeric domains can play a vital role in that process.... IF we act now.

There are hundreds of uses for numeric domains. Zip codes, birthdays, lucky numbers, addresses etc. One area ripe for exploitation is resulting from the massive convergence of cell phones and the Internet. Everyday, millions of people from around the world (yes there are other people outside of Kansas, Toto) are using their cell phones and other mobile devices to access the Internet.

Word numbers (numeric domain equivalents of words spelled on billions of non-qwerty cell phone dial pads) can make it easy for consumers to access the Internet WITHOUT using long (.com) sub-domains such as mobileapp.espn.go.com, or obscure extensions like espn.mobi (who dat?). Isn't it easier to simply enter 3776.com? (NOT .mobi bashing. It's a fact that .com is the world's dominant extension and people can get to properly formatted mobile Web sites using any extension)

Let's pro-actively take one of the most dynamic periods in domain history and keep the momentum going.

How many NuDoms (Numeric Domainers) are up for the challenge?

Last edited:
•••
Fantastic idea. I'm aboard!

•••
onspec said:
Word numbers (numeric domain equivalents of words spelled on billions of non-qwerty cell phone dial pads) can make it easy for consumers to access the Internet WITHOUT using long (.com) sub-domains such as mobileapp.espn.go.com, or obscure extensions like espn.mobi (who dat?). Isn't it easier to simply enter 3776.com? QUOTE] Maybe we cou...domain. This could be useful for cell users.

•••
Just checked them all again and one NNNNN.com was available, but till I got to register it it as gone heh

•••
onspec said:
Let's pro-actively take one of the most dynamic periods in domain history and keep the momentum going.

How many NuDoms (Numeric Domainers) are up for the challenge?

I am. Here are two ideas for the NNNNN.com community. Congrats everyone!

•••
worldstar said:
number domains are heating up
yes, you can count on that! :lol:

•••
What words did you get ???? not a nnnnn , but i got numeric (6863742) i did n't mind it was longer

•••
Scan Tool

Michael_Goldman said:
ok running a full scan now to confirm none are available, should have results in 40 minutes

Michael, how do you scan? Is there a free tool out there I can use?

•••
evirtual1 said:
What words did you get ???? not a nnnnn , but i got numeric (6863742) i did n't mind it was longer
The only one I have that contains a "phone keypad word" is 46457 -> 4oils ... just an accident, would be surprised to see much value added there, but who knows .... :)

•••
timhfield said:
No free tool to scan 100K in one go I'm afraid. I use drt: domainresearchtool.com

You can also put use godaddy's bulk tool, I think it allows to check 500 or 1000 at a time.

•••
Michael_Goldman said:
Bing, is it true that you got 4k NNNNN.com's? :)

No, I have only about 200 NNNNN.com's :(

It seems you misunderstand some of my posts? I am sorry about it.

•••
timhfield said:
if you have access to the BASH shell on your computer (ie, if running Linux or Mac OS X it's built in, if on MS-Windows then have to install one of the free versions such as http://www.steve.org.uk/Software/bash/ ...)

then can generate permutations on the fly and then cut and paste chunks of 500 into a registrar's bulk registration interface (I like to use Moniker's) ...

Here's a quick "crude but effective" method to print out all combinations of 5 odd numbers:
Code:
bash -c 'nums="1 3 5 7 9"; for n1 in $nums; do for n2 in $nums; do for n3 in $nums; do for n4 in $nums; do for n5 in $nums; do echo $n1$n2$n3$n4$n5.com; done; done; done; done; done'

Just enter the code into command line of your terminal ... (you lucky folks running Mac OS X or Linux can try it right now :) )

•••
Dan, you've got some l33t bashing skillz there :D

•••
yeah Bash is my friend - had to break out the Python to get the list of prime numbers though ... :)

I'm an old school C/Unix hacker at heart. Some years spent crunching numbers in FORTRAN too ... So am tickled pink to have nice scripting languages at my fingertips in the "gumdrop GUI" Mac OS X ... Comes in handy more often than not.

•••
Great thread! Thanks All for your input. Special thanks to the thread creator - RKBDomain!

I was just searched for NNNNN.com info and found this great thread. I read from post #1 to the last post and was amazing on the speed on how fast the domains got registered.

I was glad that I sold some zip code .net domains several months ago. (I was planning to sell them for reg fee after I reg them for several months.)

The buyer (which I do not want to reveal, but your guess probably will be right :)) told me that the price has something to do with the population of the area.

Some of the none zip code NNNNN.com that you guys own today may become zip code tomorrow as USPS continue to add new zip codes.

I need to know if anyone have any NNN00.com. There should be only 900 of them (from 10000 to 99900). I reg 7 of these a while ago.

Anthony

:gn:

Last edited:
•••
•••
I wrote a post about NNNNN.com several weeks ago in www.domain cn(the largest Chinese domain forum). The main points are as follows:

At least in the last two years, most of the newly registered NNNNN.com are grabbed by Chinese domainers. The registering speed is very slow. I said since only Chinese domainers were interested in NNNNN.com, the NNNNN.com would not disappear in one year. And, I suggest Chinese domainers should not invest too many NNNNN.com. But now, all NNNNN.com were gone :( !

Last edited:
•••
DotCN said:
I suggest Chinese domainers should not invest too many NNNNN.com. But now, all NNNNN.com were gone :( !
No worries, might also still be a few NNNNNN.com left :) ... and some of the NNNNN.net domains might be worth taking a closer look at too now.

•••
filter said:
No worries, might also still be a few NNNNNN.com left :) ... and some of the NNNNN.net domains might be worth taking a closer look at too now.

I prefer LLLL.com to NNNNN.net.

bye the way, what's wrong with my picture? I uploaded one, but it doesn't display :(

•••
probably is the size or too heavy. Check the maximum size and KB that is allowed to upload

•••
thetruman said:
probably is the size or too heavy. Check the maximum size and KB that is allowed to upload

my picture is a jpg file, 90*100, 3.28k. it works when I edited it in my profile.

•••
The maximum size of your custom image is 70 by 70 pixels or 14.6 KB (whichever is smaller). 90*100 is too big :)

•••
thetruman said:
The maximum size of your custom image is 70 by 70 pixels or 14.6 KB (whichever is smaller). 90*100 is too big :)

Here is the note :

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 200 pixels or 97.7 KB (whichever is smaller).

now, it's 63*70. still failed. I give up :'( :(

•••
What keywords are you all putting in on your NNNNN's? I'm stuck. :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back