Domain Empire

4D THREAD - DISCUSSION, SALES, HANDREGS, NEWS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
Since 3D has its own thread and there's no official 4D / 4DX thread as yet how about we start one now?

Just regged:

4DX.co

Kinda like this older reg:

3D24D.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Is 3DPrinting.com a 6 figure name?

•••
•••
I'm surprised that 3D Systems or Stratasys haven't purchased yet....

•••
Scientists Create '4D Printing' Useful for Solar Energy and Aerospace.
Objects created through the 3D printing process may be extremely versatile. However, once the printing is done, the objects are limited to one form. The new advancement in 3D printing discovered by scientists hopes to change this. Through 4D printing, objects can change shape once subject to electricity, light, or heat.

the-fourth-world-3d-printing-technology-industry-conference-expo-in-shanghai.jpg

Source - http://www.natureworldnews.com/arti...4d-printing-useful-solar-energy-aerospace.htm

•••
Is 3DPrinting.com a 6 figure name?
I heard it was for sale at Sedo for 7 figures at one time. Don't remember if that included the website. Hasn't shown in Sedo search results for quite a while.

Last edited:
•••
Something tells me that a 3d printing product can change shape just as good as a 4d or a 5d or a ....

•••
the process to create such a product is simply not called 3d printing anymore then, but instead 4d printing.. it basically is a more complex 3d printing process with "smart" materials/layers etc.

there is no such 5d printing (yet), if there ever will be..

•••
the process to create such a product is simply not called 3d printing anymore then, but instead 4d printing.. it basically is a more complex 3d printing process with "smart" materials/layers etc.

there is no such 5d printing (yet), if there ever will be..

I remember I read somewhere that everything is actually called 3dprinting and what we call 4d or 5d printing is actually 'enhancements', like reaction of a 3d printed material to time or reaction to elements

•••
yes, exactly.. and in the industry the term 4d printing is already being used for exactly this "enhanced 3d printing"

•••
So the owners of 3DPrinting.com are looking for 7 figures?.. Stratasys owns 3DPrinter.com

•••
•••
Scientists Create '4D Printing' Useful for Solar Energy and Aerospace.
Objects created through the 3D printing process may be extremely versatile. However, once the printing is done, the objects are limited to one form. The new advancement in 3D printing discovered by scientists hopes to change this. Through 4D printing, objects can change shape once subject to electricity, light, or heat.

Source - http://www.natureworldnews.com/arti...4d-printing-useful-solar-energy-aerospace.htm
The industry will do what it's going to do as far as terms go, but in this case (and in the interest of preserving common sense) it sounds like it's the polymer material that enables objects to change shape, not the tech, so much. As in 3d printing with a special polymer.

Qoute from the article: "Their new process called 4D printing...."
Really? They discovered 4D printing?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Dot Weekly reports that Epac Technologies LTD acquired 5DPrinting.com. Price unknown.

•••
Wow

I don't think this was cheap actually.

•••
•••
•••
Dot Weekly reports that Epac Technologies LTD acquired 5DPrinting.com. Price unknown.
I kid you not. The owner listed it for sale on Elliott's Blog a couple of years ago for $999. I did consider it briefly....plus, I remember looking it up a year ago or so and it was still going for less than $2K.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
5D Printed (.com)
Printer 5D (.com)
5D Printing Shop (.com)
5D Printing Studio (.com)

Enhanced 3D Print (.com)
3D Modular Printing (.com)
Modular 3D Printing (.com)

4D Modular Printing (.com)
Modular 4D Printing (.com)
Smart 4D Printing (.com)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back