NameSilo

discuss Offical .vg Showcase!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VisualArtistFrankBonilla

Visual Artist Frank BonillaVIP Member
Impact
I recently registered a few .vg domains , and let one go really cheap. There have been very few .vg sales in the past, but i am hoping that will change soon. Jobs.vg sold this year for $3,000. There are only 3 sales listed prior to 2008, and 3 in 2008. Hopefully, .vg sales will sell more in 2009!

I recently registered these names:

Maps.vg
3d.vg
We.vg (sold dirt cheap! Darn)
and what I hope is the best .vg name ever : Videogames.vg ! Here is what Wikipedia says about .vg domains:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

.vg Introduced 1997
TLD type Country code top-level domain

Registry AdamsNames

Intended use Entities connected with British Virgin Islands
Actual use Used by a number of sites, a few of which are in British Virgin Islands
Registration restrictions None
Structure Registrations are available directly at second level
Documents

Website AdamsNames
.vg is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the British Virgin Islands. It is also gaining popularity as an abbreviation for "Video Game" or "Video Games."

All unregistered domains are filled with advertising

If you own a .vg domain, you can get free hosting here :

http://www.hosting.vg/

.vg domains can be registered for under $30. I have mine regged at www. Moniker.com . .vg domains are controlled by the Adams Names Registry. YOu can do a quick check of .vg names ( and .tc and .gd) here:

http://www.adamsnames.tc/

For those of you interested in two letter, or two number domains , or combination of, there are still many left to register.

Sales of .vg domains:

Jobs.vg $3,000 Sedo 09/11/08
SS.vg $796 Sedo 07/15/08
Slots.vg Sedo 2/07 $350 (NP member Randomo)
Rad.vg $160 Sedo 02/25/08
PS.vg Ebay $100 (NP member Holyroller)
Vodka.vg $95 Afternic 02/22/08
Sms.vg $1,000 Sedo 02/07/07
Shopping.vg $97 10/14/06 Afternic
Flash.vg $80 8/06 NP Auction (NP member Source)

Please list any .vg domains you own, have sold, or want appraised . Also, discuss anything you want about .vg domains.

Thanks
Frank (Videogames.vg !)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Abstracts.tv said:
I recently registered a few .vg domains , and let one go really cheap. There have been very few .vg sales in the past, but i am hoping that will change soon. Jobs.vg sold this year for $3,000. There are only 3 sales listed prior to 2008, and 3 in 2008. Hopefully, .vg sales will sell more in 2009!

I recently registered these names:

Maps.vg
3d.vg
We.vg (sold dirt cheap! Darn)
and what I hope is the best .vg name ever : Videogames.vg ! Here is what Wikipedia says about .vg domains:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

.vg Introduced 1997
TLD type Country code top-level domain

Registry AdamsNames

Intended use Entities connected with British Virgin Islands
Actual use Used by a number of sites, a few of which are in British Virgin Islands
Registration restrictions None
Structure Registrations are available directly at second level
Documents

Website AdamsNames
.vg is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the British Virgin Islands. It is also gaining popularity as an abbreviation for "Video Game" or "Video Games."

All unregistered domains are filled with advertising

If you own a .vg domain, you can get free hosting here :

http://www.hosting.vg/

.vg domains can be registered for under $30. I have mine regged at www. Moniker.com . .vg domains are controlled by the Adams Names Registry. YOu can do a quick check of .vg names ( and .tc and .gd) here:

http://www.adamsnames.tc/

For those of you interested in two letter, or two number domains , or combination of, there are still many left to register.

Sales of .vg domains:

Jobs.vg $3,000 Sedo 09/11/08
SS.vg $796 Sedo 07/15/08
Rad.vg $160 Sedo 02/25/08
Vodka.vg $95 Afternic 02/22/08
Sms.vg $1,000 Sedo 02/07/07
Shopping.vg $97 10/14/06 Afternic

Please list any .vg domains you own, have sold, or want appraised . Also, discuss anything you want about .vg domains.

Thanks
Frank (Videogames.vg !)

I saw all those were available last week and chose not to register them due to the fact that .vg domains are not that great. If your so high on these names, here are a few others you may want to invest in that were available at posting.

Wine.vg
Wines.vg
Year.vg
Tech.vg

and many, many more............

Enjoy and be prepared to renew them for many, many years.

•••
Wine!

etittle52 said:
I saw all those were available last week and chose not to register them due to the fact that .vg domains are not that great. If your so high on these names, here are a few others you may want to invest in that were available at posting.

Wine.vg
Wines.vg
Year.vg
Tech.vg

and many, many more............

Enjoy and be prepared to renew them for many, many years.

No thanks, but thanks for posting. Maybe other members will get high on them! By the way, since your signature shows you have .cc's, maybe you want to buy Sense.cc from me?
PS: I didn't start this thread only because "I am so high" on .vg domains. It is also to let other members know of the .vg domain, and information on them. I really don't need you to tell me to "be prepared to renew them for many many years". I have been around long enough to know when I register a domain to know that. Thanks for your input.

Frank

Last edited:
•••
Who.vg

Added one more: Who.vg ! Maybe in a few years she might be worth something!

Frank :D

•••
I have gamer.vg which gets loads of typo traffic from Mexican gaming magazine Gamers' website 'gamers.vg', always pays for its renewal fees (and it's parked at Sedo! I really should look into monetising this more). So someone's obviously using .vg to mean 'Video Games' (see also: tekken.vg)

Had some country code LL's ages ago, 'se' would have been pick of the bunch, but little interest in them back then so they were all sold/dropped.

Also have 88.vg, which had a few Chinese visitors last time I checked the stats. <plug> This one I'm selling in auction here at NP (it did sell in the live auction but the 'buyer' didn't pay).</plug>

Last edited:
•••
Sorry

Sorry to hear about your Mum.

Very sad indeed.

I always think of .vg standing for Virgin Group.

Good luck with 88.vg

Last edited:
•••
Abstracts.tv said:
Added one more: Who.vg ! Maybe in a few years she might be worth something!

who is virgin :D nice hack :)

well whois domain is good for this name too

•••
I have got one vg

ok.vg

Its parked at sedo for now.

Thanks

DS

www.247internet.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------

•••
Virgin

chandan said:
who is virgin :D nice hack :)

well whois domain is good for this name too

Never thought of that one! Ha! Might not get many members, though!

dotstate.com said:
I have got one vg

ok.vg

Its parked at sedo for now.

Thanks

DS

www.247internet.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Nice one!

Frank

•••
•••
PcGames.vg

Just regged PCGames.vg

Frank

•••
•••
3D & SD

I now own 3D.vg and SD.vg!

Frank

•••
•••
Apple!

Just what we need here to get the .vg domain showcase going.. :bingo: controversy!!!

DomainRookie77 said:
I now own the controversial Apple.vg!

D-: D-: D-:

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
AdamsNames still appear to be grabbing back the two-character names that drop. The one I sold recently expired and is now on hold. :(

•••
????

S~ said:
AdamsNames still appear to be grabbing back the two-character names that drop. The one I sold recently expired and is now on hold. :(

That's strange that they would grab two-character names that drop, while you can register 2 letter domains at standard pricing. I just regged Sd.vg , and a CL domain, 3d.vg

Frank

•••
•••
I have TM.vg. It is also for sale.

•••
Abstracts.tv said:
That's strange that they would grab two-character names that drop, while you can register 2 letter domains at standard pricing. I just regged Sd.vg , and a CL domain, 3d.vg

Frank

I'm sure they were hording them and trying to charge something like $500pa. They changed the WHOIS to 'Bill Gates' (or some similar celebrity squillionaire) and then later to 'AdamsNames Reserved'.
I'm searching for the thread (it was before the ccTLD forum existed) but the only reference I found is this post by VURG. Odd.

Last edited:
•••
I regged these last year (after reading this thread, thanks!)

phones.vg
creditcard.vg
health.vg

I'm guessing the best thing is to hold onto them for a while, develop them if possible? Anyone know of any examples of developed .vg's?

Cheers, Jon

•••
Last edited:
•••
Jobs.vg sold for a decent price I see. I have owned realestate.vg since 7/2006. I had considered dropping it once or twice, but just couldn't seem to do it. The Jobs.vg sale is promising. My outlook is that as ICANN continues to dump domains on the market, though would obviously never compete with .com, stron keyword cctld's may become less stigmatized.

http://homes.vg/ is developed

Last edited:
•••
I owned hd.vg and md.vg, and had VERY little interest in them. I finally sold them for not much over reg fee. I think ccTLDs like these are going to need many YEARS to have any kind of impact.

I now concentrate on "quality" country codes (.de, co.uk, and one of my underrated favorites , .at)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back