domain nzbdownloader.com value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

KickstarterDomains

Impact
:hi:

I have nzbdownloader.com and was wondering the value of it. I am considering perhaps selling it depending on what results here...

NZB's if you didn't know are an indexing file technology similar to that of a 'torrent'. However the NZB indexes files that are uploaded to binary newsgroups ie usenet newsgroups. I was going to start a NZB indexing website, however decided to to concentrate my efforts elsewhere.

The term 'NZB Downloader" has an exact search of 5,400 per month - all countries.

Your input is most appreciated!

Regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As far as I have researched, this kind of format belongs to a very specific and small niche, let's copare it for example with "torrent dowloader" which has 135.000 searches it is a more popular type of downloader.
This technology does not appear to grow in popularity as it seems have been around for about 6 years (perhaps more). You domain was registered on December 05, 2014 and for that time this name had one drop (it was registered for the first time on 2007). The fact no one registered the name for so many years and none of the other extensions have been taken, tells me no one cares about NZB downloaders so I think your domain is worth no more than low xx in a sunny day. Good luck.

•••
Excellent - thank you!

So what I learned from your post since i'm fairly new to the domaining stuff....

1) Dropped domains with time lapse of re-registration causes the value of a domain to be lower
2) Domains with no competing TLD's such as .net, .org also reduces the value of the domain
3) Comparable domains, such as you mentioned the 'torrent' name with greater search results, give an indication of growing trends in said industry, and thus showing 'NZB' to be not favourable.

Although a low XX appraisal, I appreciate the time in taken to get this looked over for me. Learned a fair bit by what you posted.

Regards

•••
Excellent - thank you!

So what I learned from your post since i'm fairly new to the domaining stuff....

1) Dropped domains with time lapse of re-registration causes the value of a domain to be lower
2) Domains with no competing TLD's such as .net, .org also reduces the value of the domain
3) Comparable domains, such as you mentioned the 'torrent' name with greater search results, give an indication of growing trends in said industry, and thus showing 'NZB' to be not favourable.

Although a low XX appraisal, I appreciate the time in taken to get this looked over for me. Learned a fair bit by what you posted.

Regards

1) No (it *might* mean something)
2) No (otherwise you'd reg all main tlds and be rich!)
3) If you look at comparable search terms it might mean something

You're comparing two different things:NZB and torrents are only related in-so-far as they are both predominantly used to download stuff illegally..

•••
Excellent - thank you!

Not necessarily, every case is a different case, I have heard about dropped domains that became stellar sellers only because the right buyer appeared but this generally happens to brandable domains but yours is an straight concept that cannot be adapted.
It does not reduces it but means something, it means there is not money involved on the concept so no one cares entering that line to claim a piece of the cake.
Yes, you are right.

Regards
It has been a pleasure to help you and even more considering you are a new domainer.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back