Dynadot

domain *****.nrt

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm flabbergasted that my domain hasn't souled yet. I spent $60 on dropcatch.com to procure the domain so I'm not exactly out chump chainge. It has had prisously sails figures in the $101-$325 dollar range and according to Godaddy appraisals it ieve sold for $750. What have I don't wrong? In my opnion, it is a solid name. It is product related and is plenty short.

Help?
As you've been a member here for 12 years you're surely aware that a "normal" sell-through-rate is 1-2%. That means if you've priced it fairly it would on average take 50-100 years to sell it.

On top of that, .net has been on a downward trajectory for several years, so the STR is likely to be a bit lower.

•••
But the historries the selling those domains for $xxx. Surely that means somethinh? Why can't I sell?

This domain sold MULRIPLE TIMES FOR $XXX

Last edited:
•••
I'm about to get really nasty here. You sell words that have NO ABOSLUTE meaning and are quite worthless. Whereass my domains at least make sense. NoveltyGifts.net would make a great premium domain. It is product reletated and carries a significant amount of of searches per month. With all due respect you would have to be an idiot to not buy it and skip over it it at it at a descent price.. I'm in it $60 due to dropcatch.com winning it over. I respectully ask "what is wrong with namepro sales" when gargbage buys and good names sit.

Last edited:
•••
With all due respect you would have to be an idiot to not buy it and skip over it it at it at a descent price.
Then I'm an idiot. A profitable idiot.

•••
Show you me some of your domains. Lets have a comparison.

•••
✅ NoveltyGifts.net is in fact a solid name. However, with the 1% STR many here refer to (and maybe even prefer), along with the .com is king rhetoric, it’s almost guaranteed that selling certain names in this climate could be next to impossible. This is merely a byproduct of ‘domaining politics’. If anything, I’d recommend a modest build-out of the name and/or launching a promotional campaign to give it greater visibility. There’s a buyer that exists. It’s merely your job to connect the dots by mining interest in the name itself.

🙏 Wishing you must success.

👤Mel
QUAD | Mainnet Domains

Last edited:
•••
NoveltyGifts.com would be a category killer but the .net is of course worth much much less. I would judge the name to be worth 200-400 and I see that it previously sold for 325. You getting it for 60 was a pretty good deal and I see that these names do occasionally sell. I think your asking price is too high, however, especially if you are looking for a domain to sell quickly. You can't go solely by GoDaddy appraisals as they are often totally wrong.

I don't think most domainers sell more than 3% of the domains they own in a single year, so having only one domain (even a good one) gives you a very low chance of getting a sale in a single year. The only justification for your increased price is what GoDaddy says, but times are tough all over and this is reflected in the domain market, and going for a price increase over the previous sale isn't going to make things sell any quicker. If it were me, and depending on whether you can afford to wait many years for the domain to sell, I would go for the small profit by pricing it at 200 and adding ~13.33 each year to cover your renewal fees (assuming 25% sale fees). It's not the best name ever and I wouldn't get overly attached to it, but if you eventually make any profit then at least it's not a loss.

Last edited:
•••
Show you me some of your domains. Lets have a comparison.
Why? I was trying to be helpful, but you haven't shown even the smallest sign of appreciation. I'm out of here.

•••
My advice, for the very little worth it carries, dont get so high strung over it. Some sell; some dont. Dont compare and just move on. When you least expect it, it sells. but getting all entitled to a sale is definitely not going to help. Sales are sometimes based on merit; other times based on luck. You control neither.

I also tend to agree its a solid name but again you do not control how quickly it gets sold. I have plenty of .com names that are better than my net names but my last 4 sales have been all .net.

Last edited:
•••
I'm flabbergasted that my domain hasn't souled yet. I spent $60 on dropcatch.com to procure the domain so I'm not exactly out chump chainge. It has had prisously sails figures in the $101-$325 dollar range and according to Godaddy appraisals it ieve sold for $750. What have I don't wrong? In my opnion, it is a solid name. It is product related and is plenty short.

Help?
It's a .net. There's a very limited market for non-.com domains.

•••
Your problem is that you are a .com snob. You miss out on great words because of your nearsightedness. My domain NoveltyGifts.net has been reduced hands multiple times. One being on Godaddy for $750. Now that is nothing to snease at for an initial benefit of $59.

•••
There is nothing wrong with NoveltyGifts.net. It's a solid keyword in .NET.

However, .NET has limited demand. It is not being a .COM snob to acknowledge reality.

(I own and have sold many .NET domains.)

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
I respectfully disagree. There are pleanty of .net domains dropping reqularly that have some value. Once again, you are stuck in .com snob.

•••
Castanet.net our local news site.
And I have more .ca than .com and would sell out today, as I think domaining is dead. If you got in early, got the bucks or have the skill like Swetha to sell ice to an Eskimo. Hope that word not considered derogatory.
Your name is decent though. I hate negative energy so over reacted.
Too much negative energy on namepros lately.
However your name is really not bad. Better than 98% of names on here.
I would skip selling it and set up a website, drop shipping say novelty gifts.
Thats development, another word rarely used here. Ask Redemo. Register develop monetize. Anyways appraisals here are useless and now your name is indexed in google numerous times due to your threads . “NoveltyGifts.net” in google..
Develop it. As doer would say do it NOW,
Wealth of information here
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...ain-development-project.1094912/page-20#posts

Last edited:
•••
Your problem is that you are a .com snob.
So is every buyer.

You want to be "Novelty Gifts" not "Novelty Gifts dot net."

•••
Yes and NeveltyGifts.net makes most sense. Perftect name for a NoveltyGiftes.net and it will. Sometimes when NoveltyGiftes.net is available domain name pressess bottom domain which will make some money.

Last edited:
•••
Yes and NeveltyGifts.net makes most sense. Perftect name for a NoveltyGiftes.net and it will. Sometimes when NoveltyGiftes.net is available domain name pressess bottom domain which will make some money.
If you use noveltygifts.com you can advertise yourself as "Novelty Gifts," but if you use noveltygifts.net, you have to advertise yourself as "Novelty Gifts dot net," or else you will leak traffic to noveltygifts.com.

You're the one complaining that you're having a hard time selling this domain. All I'm doing is explaining why. It's not a bad domain, it's just that it isn't a .com domain, meaning that there's virtually no aftermarket for it. If you don't care about the .com then you might as well get noveltygifts.io (unregistered).

Furthermore, you picked this up a week ago.

1699133980412.png

•••
I'm about to get really nasty here. You sell words that have NO ABOSLUTE meaning and are quite worthless. Whereass my domains at least make sense. NoveltyGifts.net would make a great premium domain. It is product reletated and carries a significant amount of of searches per month. With all due respect you would have to be an idiot to not buy it and skip over it it at it at a descent price.. I'm in it $60 due to dropcatch.com winning it over. I respectully ask "what is wrong with namepro sales" when gargbage buys and good names sit.
It's a nice keyword combo, but it is a .net.

I wonder why you think it went for only $60 at DropCatch? Why didn't others not believe in this domain more?

And then why are you selling it for only $125 when you posted:

"Estibot shows $1400 appraisal"

"This domain previously sold on Godaddy for $750"

It also sold for:

$325 at NJ in 2012
$101 at NJ in 2018

$101 at NJ and $60 at Dropcatch for a nice keyword combo. Doesn't seem like .net is really bringing it in.

Don't really check for .net for checked sales over $10,000 using Namebio as a source.

.net - 14 sales over $10,000 for the entire year

.com got 14 sales over $10,000 in just 4 days

•••
$50 to $120 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

•••
Your problem is that you are a .com snob. You miss out on great words because of your nearsightedness. My domain NoveltyGifts.net has been reduced hands multiple times. One being on Godaddy for $750. Now that is nothing to snease at for an initial benefit of $59.
Jesus, you are a whiny, nasty, short tempered person. I am going to set you to ignore. Everyone else should too.

•••
Hang-in their it's been about a week. It should sell in the next month if your price is an xxx figure. Many domains take a while to sell, worse case if it takes too long is to do a $100 BIN and get your money back with small profit. It's nice and .net has potential, just don't panic. Thanks

•••
With all do respect, you didn;t blow all your last money on lemons.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back