NP's 2018 World Cup Thread, Predictions, News and Fun

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johname

Planet FutbolTop Member
Impact
2018-Russia-World-Cup-NP.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
JUST GOT THIS ALERT...
"Your post in the thread NP's 2018 World Cup Thread, Predictions, News and Fun was deleted. Reason: Off-Topic / Post has been removed / Thank you for understanding"

Hello @MODerationSQUAD ... NO I don't understand at all... You remove a post, but you don't tell me which post you removed. You can't just remove posts without telling me what post it was...

I DON'T accept this at all, since I know that I did NOT write anything Off-Topic.

Hello Gilsan, It was a reply of you to a text in two parts, with a video I posted in the 2nd part. My post was also deleted.

Last edited:
•••
is this thread still fun? well, here you go:

predictions:

France v Belgium : France 4 - 0

England v Croatia : England 3 - 2

lol.. Belgians here are gonna hate me for this..

first Belgian to react:
"nooooooooooooooooooo........."
this can go both way 50-50
the first who score get more opening, and score more
our goalkeeper is hard to beat
i can see a more locked game,
this will be an offensive battle

France v Belgium : France 1 - 2
England v Croatia : England 1 - 3

•••
I won't do a precise prediction. Somebody can get injured, you never know 100% sure.
Every match still has to be played.
(Verkoop het vel van de beer niet voordat hij geschoten is :) (= a dutch/nederlands expression),
I would say.
But Belgium is nr 3 in the Fifa-ranking and is strictly, depending on that, the most likely to
win the tournament or the favourites to win the tournament, wether they like it or not.
I do remember f.i. Plat or is it Platt (?) of England scoring a corner or goal against Belgium in the 120st minute in 1990, making it 1-0 for England.
And I do remember what happened against Wales 2 or 4 years ago.
Every minute counts, also the last one. Do remember the match against Japan in this tournement. It was
as unexpected thriller.
But Belgium IMO has the biggest chances to win the tournament. :)

Last edited:
•••
Hello Gilsan, It was a reply of you to a text in two parts, with a video I posted in the 2nd part. My post was also deleted.
Thanks for that information, Pity the Moderator didn't have the insight or the courage to come on this thread or even send me a message and explain which post he deleted. He/she should copy/paste the post deleted and then send me a message so I know what post was deleted.

Oh and BTW, posts are usually removed when someone "Reports" them, so there may be a "Judas" in this thread...

If this post gets deleted I'll know exactly why and who the Judas is...

•••
Back to the tournement now.
I mentioned earlier that Belgium lost in 1990 the road to the quarterfinals during a match against the English, in the last minute of the extra-time (2 x 15'), so minute 120 by a goal from David Platt. I was on holiday near the northsea in Belgium with somebody and we followed in a pub the match and I predicted that I had a hunch/or a kinda feeling that England would win with 1-0. (goalkeeper for Belgium was then Preud'homme")
I only saw the goal (as far as I remember) when the goal was repeated after the match, because I was so afraid to look to the extra-time, because of the draw 0-0, and my prediction, and went outside and walked to the sea or on the dyke. And then back into the pub.
The historic match was in Italy, Bologna.
So Belgium can't forget that : To play till the last minute, like they did against Japan last week.
I sincerely hope Belgium this time wins against England or Croatia .
(But first Belgium has to play against France : It is already called there "The derby of the century" as the 2 countries are neighbouring countries). And the southern pat of Belgium speaks French, slightly different to the French in France (the northern part has the same language as in The Netherlands 'dutch').

Anyhow I looked in Youtube and found that phase again of 1990. (It wasn't a corner as I wrote earlier).
Here is it how England cicked Belgium then (1990) out of the tournament and went through to the quarterfinals and not Belgium. Lots of people remember that match, because of the huge consequences (and it's only every 4 years W.Cup as you know).

Lot's of people in Belgium haven't forgotten what happened then ! Some have still
nightmares about what happened then ( LOL :) ). (I don't really know about the nightmares, but that lots of people haven't forgotten it, that's for sure).

SO THIS TIME : TOY TOY Belgium !

Last edited:
•••
Thierry Henry is an ‘enemy’ of France, says Didier Deschamps ahead of World Cup semi-final

“When you go to a club abroad and play against one from your own country, you are part of the enemy,” said the France manager. “This time, in an international match, it is much higher. He is facing his home nation. From the time he became an assistant to Roberto Martinez [Belgium manager], he did know that can happen. It is a difficult situation – bizarre – it is not easy for him.”
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-c...emy-france-says-didier-deschamps-ahead-world/

Edit: I think that's bit extreme, this is a sport, its not war. Thiery Henry contributed a lot to French football.

Last edited:
•••
Predictions..............

France v Belgium BELGIUM
England v Croatia CROATIA

•••

France v Belgium BELGIUM

This means the 2 little countries with much less inhabitants against the 2 big countries with a lot inhabitants, of the last 4 countries. I also hope this.

Last edited:
•••
Even though I usually go with the underdogs my hope is a final between France and England

•••
the wild boars football team are now out of the cave system.

All 12 boys & their couch.

:xf.smile:

•••
the wild boars football team are now out of the cave system.

All 12 boys & their couch.

:xf.smile:
That is FANTASTIC News...
DhwGCyZWsAASAUB.jpg

Thai cave rescue: a timeline of events in Tham Luang

- Saturday, June 23 - The youngsters, aged between 11 and 16, and their 25-year-old coach entered the Tham Luang cave in northern Thailand after football practice, but became trapped when monsoon floods blocked the cave exit and forced them back three miles into the mountain.

They are reported missing after the boys do not come home that night.

Local officials find bicycles locked to a fence and shoes and football boots close to the entrance.

- Sunday, June 24 - Park officials and police find handprints and footprints believed to belong to the boys. Relatives start to keep vigil outside the cave.

- Monday, June 25 - Thai Navy SEAL divers enter the cave searching for the boys. Makeshift shrines are set up for parents to pray and make offerings as heavy rains continue.

- Tuesday, June 26 - Divers are forced out of the cave by rushing floodwaters as they try to reach an air pocket called 'Pattaya Beach', where the boys are believed to have retreated.

- Wednesday, June 27 - A team of more than 30 American military personnel from the US Pacific Command arrive and are joined by three British diving experts who start to probe the cave.

- Thursday, June 28 - Downpours create fast-moving floods inside the cave forcing a suspension of the rescue. Water pumps start draining rising, murky floodwaters.

- Friday, June 29 - Thailand's junta leader Prayut Chan-O-Cha visits the site and urges relatives not to give up hope.

- Saturday, June 30 - A break in the rain allows divers to reach further inside the cave but they are still a long distance from where the boys are believed to be.

- Sunday, July 1 - Divers inch further in, as an operating base is set up inside 'Chamber Three' and hundreds of air tanks and other supplies are pulleyed in.

- Monday, July 2 - Finally, a miracle: the 12 boys and their coach are found alive late Monday evening about 400 metres beyond Pattaya Beach by the British cave diving team.

Crowds at the teeming rescue site cheer the good news, but attention soon turns to the difficult task of getting the boys out safely.

- Tuesday, July 3 - Much-needed food and medical supplies - including high-calorie gels and paracetamol - reach the boys as rescuers prepare for the possibility that they may remain in the cave for some time.

- Wednesday, July 4 - Officials say the group are being taught how to use diving masks and breathing apparatuses. Teams pump out water around the clock to help clear the path for divers.

- Thursday, July 5 - Authorities say expected rains may force a complex rescue quicker than first thought.

- Friday, July 6 - Tragedy strikes: a diver helping to establish an air line to the boys dies after passing out while returning from the chamber, raising serious doubts over the safety of attempting a rescue.

Thailand's Navy SEAL commander says oxygen levels inside have dropped. He warns the window of opportunity to free the youngsters is 'limited'.

- Saturday, July 7 - Rescue operations chief Narongsak Osottanakorn says the boys are not ready to dive to safety.

A scrawled message emerges from the team's coach, offering his 'apologies' to their parents, while in other touching notes the boys tell their relatives not to worry.

- Sunday, July 8 - Divers lead four of the boys out of the cave as night falls, sending them to the hospital.

Narongsak says late in the evening that the rescue mission will not start again for at least another 10 hours to allow oxygen and other supplies to be replenished.

- Monday, July 9 - As dusk falls four more boys are rescued. The Thai Navy SEALs greet another seemingly successful day with a social media post saying 'Hooyah'.

- Tuesday, July 10 - On the third day of the rescue operation, divers bring out the remaining four boys and their coach, ending an ordeal that lasted more than two weeks.

Last edited:
•••

France v Belgium BELGIUM
At this point any prediction is as good as any...
I'll go for a BELGIUM vs ENGLAND Final

•••
Two big players, two big teams...
Dhvp8neXkAAlRZl.jpg

Africa is extremely well represented in the French and Belgium teams...
Dhv5lU5WsAA4HRU.jpg:large

Dhv_j0CW0AI-IMg.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Here are the starting XI's for the France vs Belgium game...
DhwjKw4W4AA27eg.jpg

•••
BREAKING NEWS: Real Madrid will imminently announce the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus for a fee of €105m. Four-year contract...
DhwJsw4XUAIRY2G.jpg

•••
OK, lets go boys... shows us some great football...
DhwTRBfW4AEcJwe.jpg

Dhv56G9X0AMyfM_.jpg

DhwPsqkX4AEZY0I.jpg

•••
BREAKING NEWS: Real Madrid will imminently announce the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus for a fee of €105m. Four-year contract...
DhwJsw4XUAIRY2G.jpg

WAAAW ! For $ 123 million dollars to Italian group Juventus (usually known "Juve").

Last edited:
•••
The match just began and we hear "The Marseillèse (France : the offical song)", and now la/de Brabançonne from Belgium (België/Belgique/Belgien = 3 officiel languages from Belgium
(Note : Belgien = German, a little part of Belgium, that Belgium got after Worldwar I from Germany as kinda recompsensation, now having 70.000 inhabitants)).
and 4,5 milllion Frenchsspeaking (South : Wallonia/Wallonie), and 6,5 million dutchsspeaking/Nederlandsspeaking (North : Vlaanderen/Flanders/La Flandre).
Together = +11 milllion inhabitants.
And France = 67 million inhabitants

And now I'm gonna look.

Last edited:
•••
Thrilling first time, alhough no goals 0-0 between The Red Devils/Les Diables Rouges (= Belgium") against Les Bleus/The Blue Ones = (La) France/France.

•••
Half Time: France 0-0 Belgium
Dhw9XI-WkAA-Kf0.jpg

Dhw-VYKW4AEm2lO.jpg

What a save from Hugo Lloris...
Dhw5QzpWsAAni6K.jpg

What a great game, so far...
Dhw7fBYW0AE9IW6.jpg

•••
Meanwhile... Real Madrid Fans moving to Juventus along with Cristiano Ronaldo...
Dhw4eTgX4AAgGll.jpg

•••
Umtiti scores to put France 1-0 up...
DhxD9nTXUAMIguw.jpg

Last edited:
•••
CAESAR_AND_THE_BELGIANS.jpg
Caesar called the Belgians "The most stubbern/bold/courageous" of all the Gallian regions.
Here a PIC out of the strip -series of Asterix and Obelix : "If you are the most bold proof it",
Answer : "That's what I would propose Let's hold a match to prove it.".

Last edited:
•••
1-0 for France, just in the beginning of the 2nd half !

•••
Belgium trying hard to draw the game... meanwhile their fans are having Chest pains...
DhxJAHlX0AAdq4s.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back