Dynadot

news Now Licensed In China - .INFO, .MOBI, .PRO, .RED, and .KIM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I just read this....

.INFO, .MOBI, .PRO, .RED, and .KIM are powered by Afilias, the first western registry operator to be licensed for in-country operations by China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT)

China Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) has issued a formal statement that awards the .INFO, .MOBI, .RED, .PRO and .KIM Top Level Domains (TLDs) a license for sale in China as required by the latest MIIT guidelines. Today’s announcement clears the way for millions of Chinese businesses and other registrants to operate sites in 5 of the world’s most popular TLDs. Only 15 ASCII TLDs (out of over 1000 worldwide) have been licensed so far, and Afilias operates one third of these privileged TLDs.

Source: http://www.tntnames.com/blog/5-afilias-top-level-domains-now-licensed-for-sale-in-china.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Could these be the new 4L

.red will be popular

•••
•••
•••

Because now it's been mentioned here everyone will think - must buy these 5 tlds gtlds expecting a good ROI considering the intended market and their love of domains

•••
red means network in Spanish I think
But the Chinese already have .wang which is the same thing

•••
I'm not Chinese but I think that it is very difficult for a non-Chinese domainer to understand the domaining in China and especially to predict the future of domaining in China...

Last edited:
•••
•••
I reckon people will end up buying anything you like domains as long as the gtld is. Red

But with gtlds all at sea it would seem eg extremely high purchase price and equally high renewal price etc it would only take a very large country lol to like. Red gtld I mean really like. Red lol to make. Red a very profitable long term gtld

But only if the purchase price and renewal price is extremely reasonable even it were priced $1below. Com prices

Sometime price is everything

Although not always

•••
In case it hits we hand regd chunjin.info "pure/solid gold" it cost us all of $3 lol

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
recently i bought drone.mobi from auction, my luck or bad for the seller?

•••
.info has some credibility though, considering how long it's been around, and also that there are several thousand legit .info web sites operating for several years.

In fact, because of the level of development of .info web sites.. I would argue that .info comes in right after .com, .org, and .net.

.info is also less spammy than .biz it seems.

•••
Back