Not sure about this one, help needed.

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

BitcoinDK

VIP Member
Impact
79
Hi there is a domainname .com which is in backorder.

I search the domainname in patent and trademark for international and could not find it registered anywhere. Is there any other thing I have to look up?

I can see that the .net is beeing used by a company and the .org is used to redirect to .net.

My question is how would I be stilled? (is that the word, english not my first language) if I buy the domainname and try to sell it to the company that has the .net and .org.

Would it be legal to buy and sell it to them or could I risk miss the domainname without getting any compensation for the money I have used to backorder it?

I appriciate any help, thanks.


Best regards
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
testingyou said:
if I buy the domainname and try to sell it to the company that has the .net and .org.

Would it be legal to buy and sell it to them or could I risk miss the domainname without getting any compensation for the money I have used to backorder it?

Is this a name of a comapany, product or service? If so, then this owuld not be advisable. And yes, you could lose the domain with getting nothing in return.
 
0
•••
Thanks for your post.

Yes this is the name of a company, and the domain has been used by this company before, I think they have forgotten to pay the yearly register.

But the name is of two generic words, does this make a difference?
 
0
•••
If it is "Buy Computers" as the two words, then you could have a legitimate use for the domain. If the two words are "Apple Computers" then you might be biting off more than you can chew.
Google the two words together (With and without quotes) - if the first results that come up are about/regarding this company, it is a good sign that you should tread carefully.
-Allan :gl:
 
0
•••
Thanks for your help.

They did show up as the first :) so i think im not taking any chances.

Best regards.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Scheduled posts now show a small calendar icon
When NamePros posts something for you on a schedule, you will now see a small calendar icon before its date. Move your mouse over the...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back