NameSilo

Non-US buying a .us

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VI5

Established Member
Impact
1.A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) who is a permanent resident of the
United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (iii) whose primary place
of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions

What would happen if me (a UK habitant) bought a .us? Would I have it removed or what?

Thanks, Andy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A previous thread indicated the .US Registry periodically sends notices forcing
users to confirm their contact details or face losing the names. While this is a
normal thing to expect for other extensions like .com, what makes this different
is you have to "prove" you have an established US-based presence.

•••
in theory you can not own it, but in practice many non-us people own the .us domains.

VI5 said:
What would happen if me (a UK habitant) bought a .us? Would I have it removed or what?

Thanks, Andy

•••
If its for a UK based buisiness to offer services in the USA then its perfectly legal. I was having this discussion with my host a few years back who explained everything to me.

As long as you wont be using it for a personal/non-buisiness website then its fine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back