Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Expert

Established Member
Impact
NFT.com or NFTs.com

Which one would you prefer? 🤔

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I may surprise you, I prefer NFTs when I use plural form.

•••
I think it all depends on the domain name. I can see both being used but I will say when I am talking about them I always say NFTs.

•••
I would prefer to tell someone to visit NFT.com rather than NFTs.com

NFT.com for me.

•••
What! NFT.COM of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! probably 50x value than NFTS.com

Last edited:
•••
If I had to choose: NFT

The best known NFT brands today don't use NFT:

OpenSea
Axie
Top Shot
Rarible
Super Rare
Foundation
Nifty Gateway

More: https://www.ventureradar.com/keyword/NFT

NFT with a word is quite uninteresting. Of course, you may catch a sale if its strong enough, if you own that thin number of good words (NFT Market, Compare, Swap, Art, Broker etc), but in reality, a brand named "Kittens" or "Pluto" has a better chance of being the next hot NFT brand, completely outside of the term NFT, considering very few major brands actually have NFT in it, IMO

Last edited:
•••
For NFT.com vs. NFTs.com - definitely NFT.com

However, for NFT suffix (e.g. prefixNFT.com vs prefixNFTs.com), I don't have a particular preference. It depends somewhat on the prefix I guess.

•••
NFTs.com for me
(Not just because I own NFTS.finance :ROFL:)

•••
It depends the use you want to do.

Last edited:
•••
I would prefer:
nft - not nfts
bitcoin - not bitcoins
coin - not coins

•••
Singular form => more brandable + a bit more popular term

Plural form => applies better for a marketplace than other projects, it gives better the "quantity" meaning. Some people (likeme) feel better adding the "s" when talk about quantity.

Both terms are great, in my opinion their selection relies on the direction a company has.

Last edited:
•••
Guess everyone got proven wrong on this thread when nfts sold for triple the amount of nft.

•••
Would definitely prefer NFTs.com

best name for something multiple : trading nfts, showing/sharing nfts, developing nfts

simply mimmicks, that somethings is going on there

while nft.com is more like a wikipedia page, or news page

•••
3L vs 4L

i would prefer NFT.com

•••
When quantity must be highlighted, then plural>singular. No matter how many letters it has. The most important thing is what the buyer have in his mind to do with the domain.

Last edited:
•••
I don't care what it sold for, I would still take NFT.com over NFTs.com

It is like "Property" vs "Properties". There is no reason to need the "s" IMO.

NFT = Non Fungible Token or Tokens. It's the same acronym.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
NFT (singular) is the stronger variant on paper, but truth is the plural (NFTS) being a $15m domain asset and one of the largest confirmed domain sales of all time, does it really matter?

$15m is life changing, if one owner owned the domain previously, this person's children/children should never have any money worries and they are now richer than many celebrities.

Last edited:
•••
•••
For Marketplace, NFTs I think is better, because it offers alot of NFTs. But for projects like the ones introduce Crypto Punk or Bored Ape Yatch Club, NFT is better.

So both are good, but what is the purpose of the domains, every domain is unique

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back