Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

domain NewYorkActress.com

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

eined

Established Member
Impact
167
Would appreciate some appraisals, just trying to get a feeling for domains like these..

Thanks in advance..
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Exact match domains do still have value among end users, but this one misses the mark. If a director/producer is looking for an actress, they probably already have a process in place to find the right one, and it likely doesn't include doing an online search for New York Actress.

You might try a little outbound marketing to NY talent agencies, but I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it.

Before registering a name, make sure there are a lot of existing businesses that would have legit interest in it.
 
1
•••
Thanks a lot for the feedback, really appreciate it.
 
0
•••
They changed it so both female and males are called actors. Gender Neutral
 
0
•••
Yeah, I was kinda aware of that, but there was something about the name.. besides I knew I'd never be able to get my hands on something like NewyorkActors..
 
0
•••
Yeah, I was kinda aware of that, but there was something about the name.. besides I knew I'd never be able to get my hands on something like NewyorkActors..

If it makes you feel any better, no one wants that one either... It's currently parked.
 
0
•••
If it makes you feel any better, no one wants that one either... It's currently parked.

Hmm, interesting, estibot(not that it's always accurate), puts that one at 1000$, I would've thought it'd be worth much more than that since it's also a Geo domain, and the whole idea of New York acting/entertainment scene...
 
Last edited:
0
•••
A bit different perspective re the name.

I view the domain as an outstanding name for a personal website and a personal email address.

Would not a New York Actress contacting by email casting directors, stage, film, advertising directors or producers and the whole realm of whomever an actress contacts to launch or promote their career benefit from such a stand-out domain name?

I would think that domain as an email address would stand out from what I believe must be a daily herd of email arriving at any decision makers email box.

The domain would be a great personal website name for posting pics and a resume, etc.

NewYorkActress.com is easy to remember, easy to pronounce, and IMO a stand-out in communications.
 
1
•••
Very interesting point of view, I had never thought about any domain like that, if nothing else I learned something new today, thank you very much WatchDogue, really appreciate it.
 
1
•••
A bit different perspective re the name.

I view the domain as an outstanding name for a personal website and a personal email address.

Would not a New York Actress contacting by email casting directors, stage, film, advertising directors or producers and the whole realm of whomever an actress contacts to launch or promote their career benefit from such a stand-out domain name?

I would think that domain as an email address would stand out from what I believe must be a daily herd of email arriving at any decision makers email box.

The domain would be a great personal website name for posting pics and a resume, etc.

NewYorkActress.com is easy to remember, easy to pronounce, and IMO a stand-out in communications.

Now just find contact information for all struggling NY actresses, and begin trying to convince them to spend XXX or more on a domain name...

Actors have agents who make contact for them. Actors who don't probably don't have the cash to spend on domains.

Ideas for domains are wonderful... until you realize that no one else but you wants to make then a reality.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Now just find contact information for all struggling NY actresses, and begin trying to convince them to spend XXX or more on a domain name...

Actors have agents who make contact for them. Actors who don't probably don't have the cash to spend on domains.

Ideas for domains are wonderful... until you realize that no one else but you wants to make then a reality.

I get what you're saying, you are thinking pragmatically about this and as a pragmatist myself I get that, but you never know with these things. besides, who said I'm gonna sell it for xxx to an struggling actor, what do you think I'm a monster?..

But regarding the idea, I think it's very plausible overall, maybe not on every instance, but it's still a useful point of view to have when you're looking at a domain.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back