IT.COM

sales NewYork.com Sold For 7 Figures - DNJournal.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
One of the world's ultimate geo domains, NewYork.com, has been sold in a seven-figure transaction (due to an NDA, the exact price was not disclosed). The news came from industry veteran Fred Mercaldo, who worked with both the buyer, Denver-based Peter Niederman, and the seller, the world famous Cirque du Solieil (based in Montreal) to make the landmark sale happen.
https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2023/dailyposts/0410.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats Fred. Geo names are underrated.

•••
Plenty of juicy sales going on at the moment

•••
And now it just forwards to Denver.com. lol I wonder what the end user plans are for the domain name?

•••
It's forwarding to broker's website.

•••
Wow!!! Still a declining city.

•••
The amount that some of these geo domains are going for is just insane! Peter has been at this a very long time and has owned some pretty cool names over the years. Definitely check out his LinkedIn if you ever get bored.

•••
killer domain
congratulations

•••
I wonder how Cirque du Solieil got it... Were they the original registrant?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
wuhhh!!! Great sale and Fantastic Name!!

Congratulations!

•••
Thanks for that, but it doesn't show much. No data from before 2016 (when the domain was already 21 years old), and NewYork.com Entertainment Group, LLC is/was a shell company registered in Delaware, might even have been owned by Cirque du Soleil judging from one entry:
17 NOV 2018
Company: NewYork.com Entertainment Group, LLC
Email: [email protected]
You could try Wayback machine

•••
7 figure cheap. Should have been in 8 figures if never developed before.

Last edited:
•••
•••
And now it just forwards to Denver.com. lol I wonder what the end user plans are for the domain name?
Look at the landing page now at NewYork.com. We are developing it and will soon make some updated announcements. Fred.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back