IT.COM

domain Newbies first hand reg's.......Any good? - tinydogs.co.uk

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sexbot74

Impact
Hi everyone,I've just became interested in domaining and have hand registered my 1st batch.As such i am interested in your opinions.I dont mind if you laugh here they are

tinydogs.co.uk
doorbidder.com
usedseller.com
tramrider.com
creamices.com
soupmaking.com
warmerair.com
studioseller.com
hippyhopper.com
staffsorted.com
martianrealty.com
hotterhotels.com

let me know what you think

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Honestly, no.

The commercial application of the domains are nonexistent. I thought maybe Warmer Air would be good, but it doesn't make much sense. Remember to ask yourself, how can I apply this domain to a campaign, to a product, or a service? All other applications tend to sell slower and at lower price points.

Grace delete those names you listed if you can. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Hi Dan,Thanks for the response,I asked for an opinion and thats what i got.Being a newb I will of course bow to your superior knowledge in this field.You stated the commercial application was non-existant.I was however thinking of some of these being targeted at startups eg hippyhopper(microbrewery),staffsorted(employment agency).Am i missing something particular or are they just crappy names?

•••
Hi Dan,Thanks for the response,I asked for an opinion and thats what i got.Being a newb I will of course bow to your superior knowledge in this field.You stated the commercial application was non-existant.I was however thinking of some of these being targeted at startups eg hippyhopper(microbrewery),staffsorted(employment agency).Am i missing something particular or are they just crappy names?

They are "brandables" that appeal to a very narrow sector of the market. How many microbreweries do you know that would want to use that name for their business? How many employment agencies are there? How many competing domains in the space?

All this matters when you realize people that target brandables, meaning domains you made up for the purposes of reselling, can shift away from them at any moment. Even high quality 4 letter domains are often subject to this rule. You want names that can't be replaced, imitated, or abandoned. That's how you win in this business.

Check the thread now, I just posted a new list.

•••
Ok thanks again,I think i understand what you mean.As a side note i might use soupmaking.com for a recipe blog or something and try to monetise it somehow.Though i dont know anything about making soup or building websites.Lots to learn i guess.....Fun times ahead,thanks again

•••
I have seen a lot worse.

The good news is they are basically 2 Word .COM which is a format that does sell.

The downside is most have limited commercial applications.

One thing you have to factor in is there are 140M+ .COM registered. It is pretty hard to find anything great that is still available IMO.

Brad

•••
How many employment agencies are there? How many competing domains in the space?
Your questions caused me to wonder what the numbers are. I could not find a definitive worldwide number but if we restrict consideration to recruitment employment agencies only (i.e. do not consider firms in various other aspects of employment) there are at least 406 in Canada. If I scaled by the world population to the Canadian population, that would be something like 86,000 employment agencies worldwide. Of course the key question is how many domain names are competing for the few who are new or rebranding. I suspect, as you imply, many. I don't see StaffSorted as terrible at all, but no doubt a lot of competition.

Others on the list that I liked somewhat include StudioSeller and SoupMaking although the latter is probably most likely to go for some sort of blog or reference site so price ceiling low, probably. I am still thinking about UsedSeller -- the niche is significant and it is descriptive, but I am hesitant re it.

Welcome to NamePros @sexbot74 and best wishes. I am sure lots others have, or will, say this but don't go overboard with too many acquisitions prior to some experience selling (although most of us did go down that road in our excitement to build a portfolio :xf.wink:).

Bob

Last edited:
•••
s a side note i might use soupmaking.com for a recipe blog or something and try to monetise it somehow.Though i dont know anything about making soup or building websites
I agree this name is well suited for development and monetization. I think development with monetization makes sense, but it is harder than it was say 10 years ago. Most effective monetized sites need an expert voice and fresh content regularly updated. For this reason, I think as a general statement it is often good to invest mainly in niches that we understand - so that we do have the development option within our expertise. Also of course we understand name nuances best in areas that we understand well. One possible option for the soup name might be to try to find a partner who is expert in soup making and would like to write some content.
Best wishes,
Bob

•••
I have definitely seen much worse, They aren't great names, but, you appear to be on the right path with your thought process.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back