Dynadot

advice Newbie vs big fish

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S Agnihotri

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
I'm new to domaining I found AccountingHouse.org on godaddy for $5+renewal in their bargain bin section. I approached one of the prominent player in the industry to seek his advice. within 2 min that domain was no longer available. do you think such incidents are common in the industry ? is this ethical ? or i was foolish

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
do you think such incidents are common in the industry

Yep. Domain investing is like playing poker...don't ever show your cards (unless it is someone that has earned your trust and proven themselves to be trust worthy).

•••
I approached one of the prominent player in the industry to seek his advice. within 2 min that domain was no longer available
Hi

check whois,sc and see for sure

is this ethical ? or i was foolish

Hi

i'd say naΓ―ve` if anything, simply because of inexperience

if you have to ask advice about buying a .org for $5 + renewal fee
then maybe you don't have confidence in judgement yet

still, there are many domainers, like myself, who think it's unethical to take advantage of anyone, let alone someone who seeks "my" advice.

imo....

•••
Sorry misread your post initially. I didn’t realize you found it in the bargain bin. The good news is I don’t see it as being super valuable anyway :)

That’s low of them to do that, but honestly I haven’t experienced this before. Best of luck!

Last edited:
•••
Hi,
I'm new to domaining I found AccountingHouse.org on godaddy for $5+renewal in their bargain bin section. I approached one of the prominent player in the industry to seek his advice. within 2 min that domain was no longer available. do you think such incidents are common in the industry ? is this ethical ? or i was foolish

Someone else likely snapped it up

Great names in GD Closeouts go quick

Happens to all of us.

Yep. Domain investing is like playing poker...don't ever show your cards (unless it is someone that has earned your trust and proven themselves to be trust worthy).

Good idea to not show your hand in life to those who will sabotage you.

Poker was another profession I did professionally, but like this one only about 5% who do it actually have the skill set to make a living off of it.

I wouldn't compare the two as being the same thing.
With poker there is always a loser.
With domains we all can win.

And Godaddy has been extremely glitchy and awful this month, even moreso than usual.

Last edited:
•••
Why would you want AccountingHouse.org? I would not even pay reg fee for the .COM.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
There are also a potentially sufficient number of end users who might be interested in this domain.

Probably worth the $5 plus Reg Fee closeout price.

But check the WhoIs to know for sure who regged it.

•••
a couple of tips,

unless it has some mystery backlink juice, i can almost say for sure no the other person didnt swoop it up.

secondly, if you put it in your cart, it disappears for 3 hours, so even you go back to auctions and arent logged in, it wil show as taken..

lastly the auction couldnt have ended.

again, without looking at links stats, id say that name shoudlnt be worth your hard earned money..

page

•••
  • It is important to protect domain name security, especially for unregistered domain names

If you like it and the price is within your budget, you can buy it.Unless it's a trusted friend

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back