Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Newbie could use some advice

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Hello from Canada.

I own several domain names and I could really use some direction. I currently have my domain names parked on Sedo.

I have purchased my domain names through both godaddy.com and bluehost.com

I have heard of people who have had domain names stolen - What is the best way to stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance... :)
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
Godaddy has some filters for that and I'm sure Bluehost does too. Were they just hand regged? You probably don't have much reason to worry too much - but on godaddy, you can keep the domain locked and only unlock it if you want to transfer out, I believe.

look around their sites for some articles or call them to find out more.
 
0
•••
Godaddy has some filters for that and I'm sure Bluehost does too. Were they just hand regged? You probably don't have much reason to worry too much - but on godaddy, you can keep the domain locked and only unlock it if you want to transfer out, I believe.

look around their sites for some articles or call them to find out more.

I have never heard of the term "hand regged" - I'm not sure what that means.

I picked my domains out myself - didn't buy them from anyone else.

Most of them are from Bluehost - I will check and see if they lock the domains.

Thanks for answering the newbie :)
 
0
•••
For me to "hand reg" is to buy a fresh domain yourself without getting it from another, it is different to buying expired domains too as it hasn't been tested.

It is BRAND NEW :)
 
0
•••
Thank you!

For me to "hand reg" is to buy a fresh domain yourself without getting it from another, it is different to buying expired domains too as it hasn't been tested.

It is BRAND NEW :)

Thank you! :) Yes all of my domain names are brand new!
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back