Dynadot

New Yahoo site

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I think it sucks. Yahoo should take a hint from how google does their site.

Simple is better.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I disagree. Theres alot more to do at Yahoo then there is to do at Google's site. And plus, why do it like google when google already has it?

•••
I think I really have to get used to the new layout

•••
I think it's ugly, confusing, and way too complex.
They should really stick to their old one they've had since like 1994.

•••
I think this time they improved web standards with AJAX. If you are the first time user/visiting once a week, then you find some difficulties.

•••
•••
•••
apexad said:
I think it sucks. Yahoo should take a hint from how google does their site.

Simple is better.

yea i totaly agree simple is better.

:( way back machine doesent work for yahoo

•••
bio2pets said:
yea i totaly agree simple is better.

:( way back machine doesent work for yahoo

Worked fine for me.

•••
•••
Agreed, I like the new improved site :)

•••
The new site with ajax is much more easier for 56k users.

•••
It reminds me of the other news sites such as CNN and MSNBC. It's good, in my opinion. Could be a lot more cluttered.

•••
It's an improvement over the old design IMO, however I still do prefer the simple, minimal look of Google and it's web apps. The AJAX on the new Yahoo site is quite clever in places however, I do think they've done that well.

•••
hmm, I am surprised they actually changed it. They have been saying that for atleast the last year. They even made a google copy but never set it as the official homepage.

•••
•••
•••
The New Yahoo homepage kicks Googles ass..how could anybody seriously say otherwise? You're just trying to be old fashioned if you think so. I just made it my homepage...it's got everything on it.

•••
combs84 said:
You're just trying to be old fashioned if you think so.

That's true, but there are more of me than you. Gen X rules! :kickass:

BTW- Have you even tried the google homepage?

•••
I use google because its my habits and google has a better results, not because the layout!

•••
yeah....google provide me results there are good and more revelant.

•••
My favorite search engine is google, my homepage has always been yahoo. Yahoo is a great homepage, you get all your news and whatever other stuff you might be looking for. If you need a good search engine of course google is still the winner for me. I like the new homepage for yahoo. It took a while for me to get use to it (it was in Beta for a while), but it's alright with me. I do prefer the old homepage only because I've been using it for a few years, but I can get use to the new one.

•••
I do not consider yahoo for search. The results are not as comprehensive as google

•••
I think Yahoo! had to redesign to make up for what they lack as a search engine. Goog doesnt need all that extra jazz...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back