IT.COM

new gtlds New web domain names 'mean big business'

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
To date, we've grown used to a fairly restricted range of generic top-level domains (gTLDs), such as .com, .co.uk, .net and .org. But the body responsible for managing them - the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (Icann) - wants to increase choice and promote innovation.
Owning a top-level domain, he argues, means owning a massively scalable database - a section of the internet itself - which can be harnessed for a multitude of purposes, such as the delivery of personalised products or services, secure verification processes, and industrial applications.
So as businesses like Meantime Brewing Company look forward to the marketing opportunities a new top-level domain presents, others who are not up to speed with developments could be leaving themselves vulnerable on several fronts...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It means the brewery, based in Greenwich, south-east London, can launch a new web address - meantimebrewing.london - which it thinks will help its business.

meantimebrewing.london - I hope they beer better than picking domains.

•••
Maybe you missed it....

That article is two years old.

•••
LOL, you right, I didn't pay attention on the date.

Then why it's called "hand-picked news daily"? :-o

•••
Hello

Yes Big Business for domain many types domain available in name.com .

•••
Yes new more variety of domain extensions means more business. However, .com seem leading as always and will always remain a leader in my opinion .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back