NameSilo

discuss New ways to sell domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Hello guys..
Let's discuss new ways to sell domain names.

It's been quite sometime since we happened to brainstorm on this particular things.

Last I heard, someone was using Twitter ads to sell their domain names and it was working for them!

Let's discuss some more on this..
Think of the craziest ways and share it here. Who knows, something worthwhile comes up maybe!!

The idea is to think out of the box! Go crazy!
Share the best way you could think of

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps find people online with similar businesses that has to do with your domain name. Although it could take ages to find the right buyer, however there's plenty of forums and sites that allows you to promote your domains.

You could create a blog with just your domains(if you have lots of them), or even a website. In conclusion, it takes time and patience and dash of effort to look out there for any potential buyers across the web and public. Don't put your nose down, be patient.

Only if you have very short and good name associated with widely usage of its service around the globe. This could make sales quicker as demand is huge for them. However to find 1-4 letter .COM TLD is hard to find these days, but it doesn't mean that the game is over. New gTLDs being adapted across sectors online and it is still good time to register something unique such as: Economic.energy and Webcam.dance

They are more direct to the purpose of the service you will provide online. Personally they will take the market very soon, as .COM getting out of range, due to large amount registrations, and raising difficulty to find short and attractive names.

•••
What do you mean? Like this?

Landing page...

This domain is NOT for sale at any price
as it is invaluable and thus PRICELESS.

Please contact Joe Blow at joe.blow @ whatever.com if interested in making an offer.
:ROFL:

🚩

Yes ;) thats about what I meannn

I just would use the email - address "notforsale @ example.top" and would set up an automatic response like "Dear X, thanks for your offer but this domain name is not for sale - except you make the right offer. Best regards, X".

Last edited:
•••
I will say promote your brand, online and offline both. It will surely help. Of course, you should have the varieties to meet the demand.

•••
Does anyone know if any registry has ever incorporated a marketplace where they (or third parties) could resell domain names in that extension. I am thinking something like an analogy to auto dealerships. You can buy new premium or standard names in the extension, but they also have a "preowned" section where names are listed both by the registry (who might have taken names back on an upgrade to a better name in the same extension) or by third party.

Clearly it would not work for most extensions, but I wonder if something like .io, .tv or .app (with well defined end users for the most part) it might be attractive.

Bob

•••
Working on something along these lines myself. Seriously! :xf.grin:

Although not above selling if the right buyer with the right offer comes along, I'm not very keen on unloading my domains just yet. Hence, I can afford to risk it, experiment along the "Not For Sale" line... :dead:
🚩

It's worth a try but one can assume that most buyers will realize this cheap psycholical tactic ;)
However, this does not mean that it retains its effect on the mind and therefore it can help to achieve a higher priceee

•••
just use viral mailers, safelists, traffic exchangers
they're free, they're not spam ok it's like deal for a deal sort of a thing, you get to email them about your domain

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back