NameSilo

New Traffic Idea

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dotcomocity

Account Closed
Impact
I have developed a site unlike any I know of called an internet shortcut site. May be worth reviewing and any input is appreciated also.

Found at IDY.com

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
surely this is a link dump that costs $2.50, please tell me if im missing something

•••
I'm not sure what that means

•••
The site isn't coming up for me.

•••
The concept is be able to say i'm number so and so on idy.com -- for a site with a long url or hard to remember.....

plus with decent traffic and growing, some link popularity , and 489 overture (w/o ext) its not too bad of an investment

Last edited:
•••
you have 50 ad spots, at $2.50 a time that is not a great deal of money considering it is a lll.com you are using (sorry only noticed the menu at top)

so you will be selling the name at some point so people will lose their link, imagine people having used your idea (which i think is flawed but we will go with it anyways) and are telling people im number 19 on idy.com and then one day they just arent there, imagine if people had used it in marketing material

anyways its just a glorifed link dump that you are trying to brand as a bookmark site

why not try developing something more like a social bookmarking site like at deli.cio.us (i dont know where the .'s are supposed to go so prob got it wrong)

anywyas best of luck with the site, im sure you will make a killing selling the domain at some point in the future

ps why have the top spot taken by the very site people are at?

•••
I like the concept at www.unemployedloser.com . Note the list on the left side of his page. The more you donate, the higher you appear on the page. The top 5 also get some form of banner advertising on the site.

What is neat about this site, is that you could initially populate the links, with sites from .50 up to 200 bucks, and as the site grows in popularity, the original sites get pushed out by paying customers.

I don't think people are going to want to be on the 50th page of your web site - but if they could bump someone of the front page, ehy, that might be worth it - if it ends up being a PR4 or PR5 page.

On that site, you can come back later and donate more money, just to get your site bakck on top.

You WANT people fighting to get onto your front page, that generates money continuosly.

•••
Great input actually.... i want the highest spots to go to those who invest and believe in it the earliest ... not the most money

2- someone wouldnt mind being fifty or lower because there is an idy # search field at the top that will pop them right to it

3- I agree with your statement about the #1 spot and i intend to sell it when the site takes off......

Last edited:
•••
Why won't the b*st*rd load for me? :(

•••
lol it loads for me fine lol im not sure whats up

•••
people are going to have to remem the domain name idy.com then remem the number the place they are wanting to go is at, then search for that number then click the link instead of just typing in a slightly longer domain name

which would you do, i know which i would

tho well done for becoming the end user for a lll.com, what anchor text would you like and i will give you a freebie pr6 link from zolera.com

•••
wow thanks ..... let's see

IDY the Newest Internet Shortcut

•••
Membership

If you're worried about paying for the site, and then selling the domain name, there are a bunch of ways to get around that.

Have people pay.. say... a dollar a day... with all memberships ending December 31st 2006. Giving you the ability to sell on Jan 1st 2006 OR send out a renewal e-mail asking them to renew for another period of 6-12 months.

In the meantime, you can offer the domain name to interested buyers under the condition that your release the name at a predetermined date.

But yeah.... seems like glorified link xchange unless you ad a novel concept of some sort

•••
cool.... really thats what i want it o be a glorified link exchange ........

I am going to add a clause that guarantees your link/idy for 5 years or your money back .........

Im surprised of all the people on here no one has listed yet ..... they are looking at a $2.50 service as if they are buying a car .... THAT'S WHAT I WANT ..... I want to believers, the Patriarchs if you will, to benefit the most .......... the ones who get involved while its at ground level..........

then when its a pr7 or so ..... the price may go up or it may not but the ones who got in the earliest get the best price and the best exposure.....

•••
well you could always throw a freebie back at me ;)

your link is up btw

•••
you got it.... what kind of anchor would you like

•••
there you go I just sent you $2.50 for episcopalforum.org....

Good luck. And keep me at # 3

•••
awesome.... you are up and #3 to stay ... Who's next?

Last edited:
•••
I'm there with footsie.info

Thanks

•••
welcome to the club. we'll get you right up

•••
dotcomocity said:
I have developed a site unlike any I know of called an internet shortcut site. May be worth reviewing and any input is appreciated also.

It is at IDY.com

Thanks
Nice work! Did you code it in PHP?

On the other hand, I seem to recall some scripts available as shareware or freeware that does similar things.

But the concept is excellent. Good luck!

•••
thanks alot - nope no PHP ....

in response to two issues brought up earlier

1- make people compete for top spots with the most money....>>> Eventually there will be the "Elite 10" 5 on the left of the logo and 5 on the right of the logo

2- why does idy take spot 1 - >>> Spot one will eventually be sold

3- No one wants to be fifty or higher >>>> They will when the site has high PR, there is a idy # search field, and one the site reaches 50 there will be a featured page spot at the top that rotates every listing on and off .............

lots of things are going to develop.... it's exciting

•••
Signed up "wazoo domains" and a slogan....look forward to seeing it up.

•••
You're Up welcome to the club!!!

also welcome PorfolioLink.com

This is a great investment that will payback many times over in the long run.... I didnt but this lll.com to flop.....

Also, for those of you that havent gotten in yet, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a top listing early and either hold or resale down the road.......

Last edited:
•••
I like the concept, but maybe have a search function (keywords/topics etc), and a random listing posted somewhere towards the top, maybe a random listing generator too. There are free scripts all over you could install pretty easily

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back