NameSilo

new.net when xxx and travel become available.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
when .xxx and .travel become available, new.net will probably lose its bid. But when there are 174,661,619 browsers that use the plugin from new.net, the .xxx and .travel will still be in effect from new.net users.

For instance, if i had registered sex.xxx from new.net, and then new.net lose the bid for a legal registar. My domain sex.xxx will still work for those browsers that use the new.net plugin. While the legal registar that registars legit .xxx will not work for those new.net enabled browsers.

What is your input on this guys.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seems like it would work that way, theres actually that many people with this new.net plugin?

I dont think new.net was even in the race for the true .xxx .travel ext.

I would imagine that once some Company does aquire these new ext. that they will stop new.net from using them, or at least I'd stop them.

Mike

•••
it may be so for some months, but as soon as new versions of browsers are released, chances are those plugins are going to die and will be replace for real domain names

don't you think?

•••
NEW.net is useless. What they can do is, contact microsoft, netscape and mozilla and may request to release their newer browsers with their plugin enabled for all their newer versions, which is not possible. If they do like that, then their domain may gain some value.

•••
I don't think that would ever happen because many adware detectors detect the plugin as something, also I dont think Microsoft would be happy with countinous popups from the plugin.

•••
I don't buy anything that isn't already active -

•••
Yeah I would have to agree with you on that all4cost. I would rather go with something that actually is real and is accessible to anyone else.

•••
I think new registry operators for .xxx and .travel will demand of new.net to redirect their DNS queries for this domains to legal registry or will sue new.net. Dont remember, but i think same happened with .pro .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back