IT.COM

New here advice needed !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sasuke

Impact
hello all. i'm a university student from the UK that is new to domains and also new to names pro i just signed up today !! i have already purchased some domains from go daddy i currently own about 8. however i'm having a hard time being able to flip them. i posted the domains in the 7 day auction section of go-daddy as i read somewhere that this auction listing type is the most popular, but so far no luck its been about 2 weeks ish. are their any tips you guys would recommend?? which website is best to sell domains on from your personal experience, this one, flippa or go-daddy?? also my other question was are extensions other than .com or .org or .net even worth any investment ?? also how easy is it to get into affiliate marketing / making ad revenue from a blog. theirs one domain i actually own which i would not mind making into a blog but im confused as to how i would generate ads. are their high start up costs with blogs / affiliate marketing ??

many thanks for reading this

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Welcome to Namepros.

With Flippa and Godaddy you need a good domain either in trend or aged and short, then you need to drive views there. Here you can try if you can break to profit by selling them reseller rate. Otherwise, Park them at undeveloped and list them at Godaddy marketplace for offer/buy now (not in auction). Final option is to reach out businesses that would benefit from them, but if your domains are crap don't waste your time.

Good luck with your endeavors!

•••
Hello @Sasuke .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

That's a lot of questions you have going on .. and most of them have answers throughout NamePros. The one thing you need to know about domaining, is that contrary to what most think .. it is not a quick flip get rich quick type of business. In fact the vast majority of people lose money .. and those that make money mostly don't right away.

Most likely if you domains didn't get bids it's unfortunately likely that they just aren't good enough. You might want to try sharing one or two in the appraisals section of the forum to at least get an idea if you're on the right track or not (hopefully you are)

Ultimately your goal should NOT to be to quick flip .. your goal should be to sell to end users. Again though .. that's way too broad a concept to discuss here .. take some time to check out all the corners of the forum .. listen to podcasts .. read blogs .. good place to start is here ...
https://www.namepros.com/threads/popular-beginner-discussions.844937/

As you'll see from the 1-5 word replies .. most people don't even bother to read your post here unfortunately .. but as I said .. take a few days or weeks to read as much as you can .. then if you still have questions that aren't already covered, ask them in the appropriate section and someone will surely help you if you're stuck with anything ...

Best of luck going forward! :)

•••
•••
Welcome to Namepros.

With Flippa and Godaddy you need a good domain either in trend or aged and short, then you need to drive views there. Here you can try if you can break to profit by selling them reseller rate. Otherwise, Park them at undeveloped and list them at Godaddy marketplace for offer/buy now (not in auction). Final option is to reach out businesses that would benefit from them, but if your domains are crap don't waste your time.

Good luck with your endeavors!
hey thanks for the reply man. im very intersted in the last point you mentioned, so your saying that reaching out to business is a perfectly viable strategy ?? also should i post my domains on this forumn so u guys can see if theyre good or not ?

•••
•••
Welcome to Namepros.

Domaining needs 3 things: Knowledge, Good Names and Time. Read threads on Namepros and other venues to get the first. Then you can know what makes a good domain name and acquire accordingly. And even after you get good names, you are going to need to wait it out in most cases.

•••
•••
Hello and welcome to nps! There is alot of info here so use the search function and there will be MANY threads and posts that you can learn from. Domaining is a marathon, not a race and it can take quite a while to move a domain.

•••
Welcome to Namepros!

You can learn a lot here on Namepros. You should also check out Namebio to analyze what names are selling every day. I also read domaining.com.

Best of luck!

•••
Hello @Sasuke and welcome to NamePros. It sounds as though you're off to a good start in educating yourself about domaining. I would second the tips offered above -- take some time to study the business, and do some experimenting with buying and listing domains. Most importantly, understand that a successful domainer must invest the time to build a solid portfolio.

Domaining needs 3 things: Knowledge, Good Names and Time

Domaining is a marathon, not a race and it can take quite a while to move a domain.

Best of luck in your new venture -

•••
Hello!

No doubt if you are going to the University you are busy reading away night and day.

Consider the NamePros Forum " another gigantic textbook " that should benefit you by you locating and reading up on all topics and aspects of domain names that interest you.

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back