Dynadot

New gTLDs vs .CO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
Which is better for Google ranking?
What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you have a photography business, then .photography is going to rank marginally better for relevant search terms. If you have a luxury business, then .luxury will rank marginally better for relevant search terms. And so on.

But it's an unwise investment if you consider the extra money you'd have to pay to use a .luxury domain name. The difference in ranking will be too minimal to justify the cost. You could spend that money on development of a .co instead and it would serve the business better.

However, most new gTLDs aren't as expensive as .luxury, so it just depends.

•••
I have faith on gTLDs, they gave us opportunity to own a generic keyword domains at acceptable price. Develop it and establish your own online business.

•••
This is a pretty good question. I think the adoption of all these GTLD's will widen the acceptance of .CO which is in the unique position to service corporations with a short right of the dot extension. If most of these GTLD's fail, then .CO still has this unique position. The awareness of all the GTLD's will be good for .CO, imho. Google already treats it like a GTLD.

•••
It will be good for the domain business not just for specific extension.
If you spend less, and operate in a manageable budget you will survive and live with your domains.

Now I have my own online store using generic keyword domains. I don't expect them to produce a quick return of investment for the next 2-3 years. But it's a good chance of success, otherwise it's a couple of hundreds of loses.

Remember you can't have them all, you just need a piece of your own pie.

•••
EMD .CO and SEO

interesting thread - blackhatworld .com/blackhat-seo/black-hat-seo/559722-emd-case-study.html

A .co TLD
250 000 exact searches in US
Ranking # 3

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back